• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stay at home Karen!!!!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
So I’m up in Chardon Ohio. And had to get about 6 miles from I 90 down to Chardon.

Took an entire hour. Because an endless chain of stupid fucking Karen’s in their goddamn SUVs and Mercedes with no fucking snow tires and no goddamn clue how to drive in the snow but wearing five masks apiece I’ll have to be on the road?

What the fuck? This place is known as the lake effect capital of the world. It’s snows feet up here.

How the hell would you not be able to drive in the snow? How the hell would you not have your trophy- wife white suburban pick up truck equipped with decent tires. (And that was a dude. He is still a Karen.)

Again… WTF?

If you’re not equipped. If you’re terrified. If you’re incapable… stay the fuck home you stupid faggot. You are a danger to yourself and others. Why the hell are you on the road? Go make a zoom call if the rules can’t live without you for a couple of hours.

We need a proper pandemic to weed out about 100 million Karen’s. Ebola anyone? I’m rooting for 1919 again.

Let’s show people what a real slate wiper looks like. And we could start with the people using summer tires on their pick up trucks in the snow belt in January.

Sirhr

We need a proper pandemic to weed out about 100 million Karen’s. Ebola anyone? I’m rooting for 1919 again.

Let’s show people what a real slate wiper looks like. And we could start with the people using summer tires on their pick up trucks in the snow belt in January.

Sirhr
oh dont worry, they’ve set the stage for a real pandemic to really clean house.

I remember twenty years or so ago I was building a chimney down in South Texas around 10 January. It was 85 degrees. I heard on the radio that some little town a bit east of where you are had already had 100 inches of snow.. Just hearing that almost put me into a waking night mare.

Reactions: camocorvette
Shitty drivers from Ohio is a running “joke” to folks in WV. Seeing as how there’s enough jokes about them, maybe there’s some truth to it.

Reactions: Maggot
But it has AWD and Anti-Locks...c'mon man!!! :) Laws don't apply to the rich - we know that. Especially basic, fundamental laws like physics.

:) :)

• Haha
Reactions: lash and nikonNUT
And the idiots think the AWD or 4WD will stop the vehicle faster once they do get a head of steam up so they end up crashing

I wouldn’t mind, really, except when they crash they often hurt others as well.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
United States has the worst drivers in the World. Prove me wrong.

We need intensive drivers education before you're allowed to sit behind the wheel, and once there, you need to go through additional training. For example, in England, it not uncommon to fail your driver's test the first couple times.

I think we need the following endorsements on any drivers license;

Mountain Driving
Winter Driving
Interstate Driving
etc, etc, etc.

If you don't have the above endorsements, you can't drive in the Mountains, when there's snow and ice on the roads, or on the Interstate.

Or an alternative solution, we adopt the MadMax Doctrine, which will allow you to push the idiots in front of you out of the way, and force them into the ditch.

Devils advocate here,

If people don’t attempt to drive in the conditions how else will they learn? Yes they may be stupid, but gotta learn somehow.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
If you can't make it in 2wd, chances are you will just be harder to recover in 4wd...
That's my rule of 4x4. Use 2WD and when you get stuck get out with 4x4 (Maybe. Been in shit where we dug deep enough to hit the water table I think. Had to call a logger friend with a skidder and damn near needed scuba gear to get the choker on the axle.) and go the fuck home!

We need intensive drivers education before you're allowed to sit behind the wheel, and once there, you need to go through additional training. For example, in England, it not uncommon to fail your driver's test the first couple times.

Mountain Driving
Winter Driving
Interstate Driving
etc, etc, etc.

If you don't have the above endorsements, you can't drive in the Mountains, when there's snow and ice on the roads, or on the Interstate.

Or an alternative solution, we adopt the MadMax Doctrine, which will allow you to push the idiots in front of you out of the way, and force them into the ditch.
Ah yes, wanting more government control. That’s what we need....better put your mask on for daddy xiden

Or no Government Control at all, and let me ram the Karen's off the road.
You asked for it not me, and you want more endorsements. You want to be given the privilege to do something...you have the right to do it, but you want the government to decide who can and can’t.

We shouldn’t need a drivers license at all, or marriage licenses, property taxes, income tax....

You asked for it not me, and you want more endorsements. You want to be given the privilege to do something...you have the right to do it, but you want the government to decide who can and can’t.

We shouldn’t need a drivers license at all, or marriage licenses, property taxes, income tax....

I agree with you, but where do you draw the line? How about a simple IQ test to allow you to drive? If you're stupid and dumb, you don't belong on the road.

I agree with you, but where do you draw the line? How about a simple IQ test to allow you to drive? If you're stupid and dumb, you don't belong on the road.
Nature will run its course.

Devils advocate here,

If people don’t attempt to drive in the conditions how else will they learn? Yes they may be stupid, but gotta learn somehow.

If drivers demonstrated some ability to learn, I'd probably be less grumpy about shitty driving.

My mom drove us kids around in pieces of crap like a '78 Cutlass Supreme - RWD, no ABS, probably some commonplace tires like the Uniroyal Tiger Paw. And winter was a lot worse in this area 30 years ago. Not sure how we didn't die ;)

And just like that chrysler discontinues the 300.

I had one of those - a first-gen SRT8 (6.1L). Pretty solid winter car on snow tires, and overall one of those most reliable vehicles I've owned.

If drivers demonstrated some ability to learn, I'd probably be less grumpy about shitty driving.

My mom drove us kids around in pieces of crap like a '78 Cutlass Supreme - RWD, no ABS, probably some commonplace tires like the Uniroyal Tiger Paw. And winter was a lot worse in this area 30 years ago. Not sure how we didn't die ;)

I had one of those - a first-gen SRT8 (6.1L). Pretty solid winter car on snow tires, and overall one of those most reliable vehicles I've owned.
I’ve personally driven in snow and ice twice, my trucks got so much torque it’ll spin on the painted lines when it’s dry. Took my girls FWD car and it handled it like a champ, just slowed down sooner and softer no big deal.

What chaps my ass is people leaving several inches of snow and ice on their vehicles and driving 70 down the highway so it flys off in huge sheets at other vehicles, obviously you leave a gap but that right there is real stupidity.

Didn’t know your mother was a pimp.

And a child seat was, well, the seat you were in and seat belts were just some rope you tied around your waist if you felt like it. I remember many a road trip laying on the back package tray looking out the back glass. Piss Mom off? A brake check ensued and I ended up in the floor board! :LOL: Good times!

Mountain Driving
Winter Driving
Interstate Driving
etc, etc, etc.

Having driven, curtesy of Uncle Sam, in South Korea, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Kuwait, Jordan, and West Texas/Juarez, I have to say maybe Germany and/or the Netherlands are the only ones on that list that drive consistently better than Americans. The other places are nightmares beyond the average American's comprehension.

That's my rule of 4x4. Use 2WD and when you get stuck get out with 4x4 (Maybe. Been in shit where we dug deep enough to hit the water table I think. Had to call a logger friend with a skidder and damn near needed scuba gear to get the choker on the axle.) and go the fuck home!
BTDT

Was out 4WDing and came to a swampy area. Guy who knew said dont go in there. After the ground thawed I got a tractor to pull it out.

Having driven, curtesy of Uncle Sam, in South Korea, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Kuwait, Jordan, and West Texas/Juarez, I have to say maybe Germany and/or the Netherlands are the only ones on that list that drive consistently better than Americans. The other places are nightmares beyond the average American's comprehension.
Ad in Mexico and the rest of Latin America. It can get terrifying when people pass at 70 mph on blind curves in winding mt roads.

When I was in high school, my dad stuck his 2wd pickup in the bottom below his house, in wet sand/mud the tires didn’t dig the treads depth in before spinning. He walked back up to the house and got the Kabota tractor and a chain to pull the pickup out. Hooked up and proceeded to sink the tractor to the axle. I don’t remember how we got them all out, but I believe it included several days of sunny warm weather...

And a child seat was, well, the seat you were in and seat belts were just some rope you tied around your waist if you felt like it. I remember many a road trip laying on the back package tray looking out the back glass. Piss Mom off? A brake check ensued and I ended up in the floor board! :LOL: Good times!
We had a van for a few years and the back seat laid flat. We didn’t buckle in driving we laid on the damn seat/bed and laughed when we got thrown around. Same in the RV, we didn’t wear a seatbelt on the couch/seats, bed doesn’t have them. Somehow we are all alive...

You only roll to the edge of the bed sleeping going down the road once, they turn fast enough the right direction and your ass is wedged between the wall and bed lol.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I’ve personally driven in snow and ice twice, my trucks got so much torque it’ll spin on the painted lines when it’s dry. Took my girls FWD car and it handled it like a champ, just slowed down sooner and softer no big deal.

What chaps my ass is people leaving several inches of snow and ice on their vehicles and driving 70 down the highway so it flys off in huge sheets at other vehicles, obviously you leave a gap but that right there is real stupidity.

Didn’t know your mother was a pimp.
I don’t know about all snow prone areas, but there is a law in CT about snow removal before driving your car. You can be ticketed for driving on the highway and shedding sheets of snow...

Ad in Mexico and the rest of Latin America. It can get terrifying when people pass at 70 mph on blind curves in winding mt roads.
According to my buddy who’s family is from there Pakistan is the worst. Road rules don’t seem to exist and sidewalks are a traffic lane.

• Haha
Reactions: BytorJr and Maggot
I don’t know about all snow prone areas, but there is a law in CT about snow removal before driving your car. You can be ticketed for driving on the highway and shedding sheets of snow...
I’d assume most places probably have them, but I also see people reading books going 70 and not looking up, texting, makeup, etc.

In NC the majority of drivers said fuck it apparently after the storm. It was all sleet so it was inches thick solid ice sheets, and then there’s my dumbass cleaning off the car completely before we left like an asshole....lol

78 Cutlass was a sweet ride
A real Cutlass with RWD. That rear diff was junk.

Had a RWD Cutlass once. Damn thing spun on me once just driving to class. Very low speed, 15mph; but the road was worn asphalt (smooth as shit mind you) and out the tail popped and off I went backwards in the other lane. Even today with quite a bit more experience, including teaching at various tracks across the SE, I don't know if I'd catch that spin - you know...those Cutlass cars had such great steering feel you NEVER knew what was going on up front (good old GM ball and joint steering).

Reactions: nikonNUT
I have yet to meet a shitty driver. I have met many who think everybody else is a shitty driver though. My guess everyone posting has pulled out in front of someone, or accidentally cut someone off, passed someone too agressively, or occupied the left lane too long.

When you say the US has the shittest drivers, youre talking about yourself.

We have all been the shitty driver at some point. Those claiming otherwise, are probably the shittest of us all.

• Love
Reactions: gunjunkie45
A real Cutlass with RWD. That rear diff was junk.

Had a RWD Cutlass once. Damn thing spun on me once just driving to class. Very low speed, 15mph; but the road was worn asphalt (smooth as shit mind you) and out the tail popped and off I went backwards in the other lane. Even today with quite a bit more experience, including teaching at various tracks across the SE, I don't know if I'd catch that spin - you know...those Cutlass cars had such great steering feel you NEVER knew what was going on up front (good old GM ball and joint steering).
My truck will do that taking off from lights if you aren’t careful. I’m talking driving like grandma, you ease on the throttle and right as it gets going 5-10mph it’ll try to step out on you sometimes. It’s done it forever randomly.

Reactions: BytorJr

Mountain Driving
Winter Driving
Interstate Driving
etc, etc, etc.

Obviously YOU have not driven in 3rd world shitholes.................... I have been hit in a HiLux by more mopeds then you can possibly imagine (most when I am Stationary). After the 1st couple hundred or so, I simply ignore them and just keep driving.

It's actually dangerous as F for the guy behind. Not just due to visibility but if it's melted and refrozen it's ice which in theory at 70mph on a now dry pavement could potentially go through or at least crack a windshield (and other damage).

I have yet to meet a shitty driver. I have met many who think everybody else is a shitty driver though. My guess everyone posting has pulled out in front of someone, or accidentally cut someone off, passed someone too agressively, or occupied the left lane too long.

We have all been the shitty driver at some point. Those claiming otherwise, are probably the shittest of us all.
My favorite is when they do something stupid, but it’s the other persons fault.

“I didn’t look and pulled into major highway traffic from a dead stop right in front of you , and you’re an asshole!”

I had a lady side swipe me from a dead stop I’m going 55(posted 55) she was decided to enter the road maybe a whole car length in front of me on her phone never looked, and said it was my fault. Had I not been watching and swerved I would have stuck my bumper into the door her child was leaning on and probably killed her.

The police didn’t agree with her analysis...

HA!

You must not have traveled much...

The traffic laws in many countries are more along the lines of, most mass has right of way.

I've driven in the following places outside of North America;

Iceland
England
Scotland
Wales
Germany
Greece
Saudi Arabia
Bahrain
Singapore
Japan

All had better drivers on average than the good ol' USA, but you're right, the Most Mass has the Right of Way rule did apply in Saudi Arabia, especially in the Roundabouts.

Last edited:

To put a bit of humor into this. It's funny to watch F-1, Indy, IMSA, NASCAR. In F-1, driver's routinely get the bleep because they are screaming "what a F'ing idiot" or "What the F?" or "why is he here?" - cream of the crop yelling just like a normal person driving down road (assuming I'm normal ... LOL).

Reactions: akmike47
I keep forgetting Ohio exists. Gross. But anyways. Colorado drivers are the fuckin worst. 6" of snow on the road and or black ice? 70+ no problem. Dry pavement during the summer? Stopping randomly in the middle of the interstate or doing 30 under the speed limit. I hate it here

I've driven in the following places outside of North America;

Iceland
England
Scotland
Wales
Germany
Greece
Saudi Arabia
Bahrain
Singapore
Japan

All had better drivers on average than the good ol' USA, but you're right, the Most Mass has the Right of Way rule did apply in Saudi Arabia, especially in the Roundabouts.

So mostly western European countries, and a few of the best countries in Asia and the rich guys in the middle east..

Try the rest of Asia, you know the "poors" countries
Try the rest of Africa, you know the "poors" sections
Try Eastern Europe and on into Russia and the baltics and other such poors
Try the poors part of the middle east, (the ones we don't like).
Try china outside the main cities
Try India

Then see if after that you still think the USA has the worst drivers in the world...

Devils advocate here,

My wife lived in ice and snow most of her winters. They learned to drive on ice and snow, by using the high school parking lot, spinning and skidding. Worked great, and she is a seriously good ice and snow driver. My brother in law still lives there, and his wife drives over a mountain pass twice a day in all weather. follow the plow if it is deep, or break snow if it is around a foot or so, and not drifting, wait for the plow if it is deep, and go to work at 10 AM instead of early. No major trips, and ALWAYS have serious gear in the vehicle.

Even in Alaska everybody relearns winter driving after the first snow fall.

Going up Eagle River hill into Anch when it's slick there's always people in the ditch pretty much in the same place, right at that spot where the automatic trans downshifts and the wheels start spinning.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot

Mountain Driving
Winter Driving
Interstate Driving
etc, etc, etc.

Driven in at least two thirds of the 50 states. Big cities including NY, DC, Atlanta and LA. I've never seen worse than Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Mexico and several others. Driven the length of South Korea from the Seoul to Pusan numerous times and I say they win the title.