• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stealth upper or go all the way... or something e?

neoinarien

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Wisconsin
Would I get the same performance if I took a Larue Stealth upper and threw it on a good lower, trigger, etc, or do you get better performance going for a complete larue rifle?

On that note, what else is there? The goal is a precision 223 for 600-800 yards...

Re: Stealth upper or go all the way... or something e?

I have a 18" Stealth upper that I put on a Sierra Gunworks lower. These lowers are made by L.A.R. Manufacturing. I put a J.P. Enterprise match trigger and a RRA lower parts kit in it.

The rifle holds consistant 1/2 moa out to 500 yards with Federal 69 grain GMM. Haven't had a chance to shoot it further yet.

A friend of mine also just bought a Stealth upper. He called Larue before hand and talked to them about the differences between the Stealth and a complete OBR. According to the Rep he talked to, there's no difference in accuracy between the two. He built his rifle on a Black Rain Ordnance lower. I have another buddy that put his Stealth upper on a Spikes lower. Both rifles are holding 1/2 to 3/4 moa. Not sure what ammo their using.

Should not make a difference if you have a good lower. The upper/lower mating does make a minor difference to accuracy, but you can always bed the upper to the lower if you want to get anal about it. The Stealth uppers are great products.

OK, so it seems that it does not matter then: check.