• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steel animal targets

velvetant

The winds fault
Minuteman
May 5, 2011
Northern Nevada
Where do you guys get your animal targets.
Looking for 3/8 AR500 life size targets of coyote, rabbit, crow, woodchuck and squirrel.
Looking at Atlas target works for some of them, they don't have them all.

I got a pig and coyote spur of the moment after a few beers one night from mkmachining when he posted something up on them and I have been pleased. I put the pig on my 500 line and it gets shot more than anything else. They have little scribed vital zones and the pricing isnt outrageous for the detailed cuts taken into consideration.

Let us know how we can help!! We have a ton of different animal targets on our slotted hook system.

Jcsteeltargets.com

Let us know how we can help!! We have a ton of different animal targets on our slotted hook system.

Jcsteeltargets.com

Thanks for the heads up guys!

We waterjet cut which I believe you will find to have maximum target durability, especially on cut surfaces, and also lets us do neat stuff like etching vital zones:

Attachments

• coyote still.jpg
    coyote still.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 69
how heavy of steel plate do u need for a 338LM ?

Depends on distance. Past 400 or so 3/8" should be fine. Past 800 or so 1/4" would be ok as well. Thickness of plate really is only determined by energy, it won't resist pitting any more, just bending.

Velvetant thanks for posting this. In order to groundhog hunt I have to drive 136 miles roundtrip - and even then it's problematic as to whether I see anything. It's a drag to drive all those miles and then not even get a shot off. It had occurred to me that I was going to have to come up with some plan to insure I had targets and your post was very timely for me.

I will put in a good word for my shootsteel.com prairie dog target. I got the steel popper with the legs. The reactive nature of the popper is great for seeing hits at 500yds where he's normally set and the legs to a great job getting the target set on uneven ground.

His nickname is Rowdy and he mostly gets shot with HP match bullets from my .223 and 22-250 but even with 6.5CM, 284Win and 308 Win there's not even pit on the surface. The only ding on the metal is when the bullet hits the target right on the very edge. It was good for practice for my trip to SD and now just makes for a fun target to shoot at 500.

I have used Big Dog Steel for most of my targets. He made me a full size standup ground hog on a spring plate. It is 1/2" thick. I can shoot it with everything from my .22-250 all the way up my .338LM. I just adjust the nut on the back for spring tension depending on the caliber I am shooting.

Where do you guys get your animal targets.
Looking for 3/8 AR500 life size targets of coyote, rabbit, crow, woodchuck and squirrel.
Looking at Atlas target works for some of them, they don't have them all.

Get these from a guy in elko for $200 bucks

Attachments

• B0F42E0C-B469-4FA1-8C64-59F283950881.jpeg
    B0F42E0C-B469-4FA1-8C64-59F283950881.jpeg
    398.6 KB · Views: 30