• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steel ARCA rails

There is a steel area419 one made specifically for the tcs. You might have to get it directly through manners though. It was an option when purchasing my tcs directly through them
Is it solid or does it have cut out for brass weights? Also is it arcalok or smooth?

Is it solid or does it have cut out for brass weights? Also is it arcalok or smooth?
It's got cuts for the weights since the idea isn't just to make it heavy for the sake of making it heavy. It's for balancing the rifle. I can't said if it's cut for arcalok arrive I didn't get it with mine. That said the serations of arcalok isn't a big deal since they aren't sharp and any standard clamp works on it

Reactions: rydah
We designed and made some steel rails. I wonder if they would work on a krg? It was meant more for a manners

IMG_20211222_160730342_HDR.jpg

Reactions: atomic41
The are getting cerakoted next week I think. Probably 70ish if someone wanted one. We wanted it to look as nice as possible so it's got a rounded front, countersinks for hardware, cutouts for the bottom metal. And we drilled holes so we can but on a barricade stop at the back, we have a printed stop that goes there. Definitely overkill lol

Cerakote going to hold up ok with accessories sliding back and forth on it?
Everyone else is using type III hard coat anodizing

Thought about that but honestly my coated bolt has thousands of cycles and still holds up. My ARCA on my foundation gets laid on a shooting bag 99% of the time so it should last a.long time.

Sorry for the delay fellas. Got the milled rails back last week but had been busy and didn’t have time to get it installed right away.

The rail as I received them.

EjxQZr6.jpg

oKBGQ0G.jpg

I have a 419 clamp with the pins removed. It fit well and clamped down well.

giv6UtN.jpg

At first my plan was to cut it down to 9-3/4” inches to fit just the length of the forend. After some fit-up I decided to leave it the full 12”.

I located and drilled the holes in the appropriate places.

PandbtF.jpg

My plan was to insert a steel bar into the chassis to bolt the rail to. I had a couple pieces laser cut to slip inside the chassis. The notches needed to be cut out for clearance where the bolts pass through to attach the forend grip to the chassis. I drilled and tapped holes to mount the rail to. I tapped for an M5 to match the rest of the hardware on my Bravo chassis.

9jl41DJ.jpg

DKunzle.jpg

loUTsCt.jpg

Then bolted everything back together.

r7TdQqR.jpg

UAYxHrP.jpg

Did a little dry fire practice and made it to the range once so far. Everything is functioning well. I am thinking I will add a thumb rest to the front of the internal mounting bracket I made. When shooting off of a barricade with a bag I like to clamp the rifle to my bag with my left hand. The gap between the barrel and steel insert worked pretty well for me to clamp my thumb on but I would like to make just a bit larger of a shelf there.

m5r6D22.jpg

I also had a few butt spacers laser cut to balance things back out. With everything installed and an M24 contour barrel I am just a bit over 20 pounds. I don’t have a great scale to get a precise measurement.

48naYOi.jpg

These still being made? Did anyone get an actual weight for these? Great idea.

Would have more in within the next two weeks. I know waiting sucks but just letting you know in case you weren't in a hurry

Do you know or have a picture of hole spacing. The area 419 weighted is 14" but I can only get 2 holes lined up on stock. HS precision tactical with mini chassis. 12" arca hangs over 2" and I get 3 holes for mounting but no weights. I am wanting a 12" that is heavy with hole spacing that allows for at least 3 fastening points to stock. Very slim pickings for this.

Why not put in new T nuts to put it where you want it to have at least 3 points? If you get two to line up then just put in one more.

Reactions: lash
Why not put in new T nuts to put it where you want it to have at least 3 points? If you get two to line up then just put in one more.

Can't unless I drill the arca. I pulled mine off of my manners tcs and it does not line up. I can only get 2 unless I drill it. I have t nuts to do this, just can't find a weighted arca. I have the 12" area 419 and can get 3 t nuts in. Buy no weights. I thought about melting lead tire weights and filling in the cut outs. But figured I would do one more search before I do anything.

Can't unless I drill the arca. I pulled mine off of my manners tcs and it does not line up. I can only get 2 unless I drill it. I have t nuts to do this, just can't find a weighted arca. I have the 12" area 419 and can get 3 t nuts in. Buy no weights. I thought about melting lead tire weights and filling in the cut outs. But figured I would do one more search before I do anything.
Maybe I am missing something but the holes in the arca rail don't line up to the holes in the stock now. Ok so why not just drill the stock and put in T Nuts where they will line up? That's what I am wondering.

Reactions: lash
Hopefully pictures help. The weighted arca holes do not work with thus stock, no matter how I set it. Lined up with action screw and lined up just forward of mag. I do not like either configuration. Only 2 mounting points. The other arca will work. But no weights, unless I figure out how to weight it.

20220426_190918.jpg
20220426_190924.jpg
20220426_190933.jpg
20220426_191022.jpg
20220426_191318.jpg
20220426_191345.jpg
20220426_191353.jpg
20220426_191405.jpg

That makes it clearer with the weighted rail. Didn't realize so few mounting holes and the one way out front. You could drill through one of the weight screw holes and put a T Nut in the stock and it would give you another spot. Probably what I would do if I needed the weight.

Zoom in. You can see the holes in the weighted arca do not line up on stock. One is half on half off either way I set it up. That is the issue. Nothing to do with mounting holes on stock. I have T nuts to install.

That makes it clearer with the weighted rail. Didn't realize so few mounting holes and the one way out front. You could drill through one of the weight screw holes and put a T Nut in the stock and it would give you another spot. Probably what I would do if I needed the weight.

True, and I said that. Would prefer not doing that and a 12" fits better, looks cleaner. So trying to find options.

Zoom in. You can see the holes in the weighted arca do not line up on stock. One is half on half off either way I set it up. That is the issue. Nothing to do with mounting holes on stock. I have T nuts to install.
I see that and not talking about the holes in it now. But if you don't want to drill the rail then the 12" would be the only option.

Why I am asking about the 12" steel version shown in this thread. I can drill my own holes too. Sucks the options are so limited with these other stocks.

I would use the steel one. Line up the front hole with existing hole. Cut the rear of the arca off and drill a new hole to work with the action screw. Then put a t-nut in for the middle hole.

Sorry for the delay fellas. Got the milled rails back last week but had been busy and didn’t have time to get it installed right away.

The rail as I received them.

EjxQZr6.jpg

oKBGQ0G.jpg

I have a 419 clamp with the pins removed. It fit well and clamped down well.

giv6UtN.jpg

At first my plan was to cut it down to 9-3/4” inches to fit just the length of the forend. After some fit-up I decided to leave it the full 12”.

I located and drilled the holes in the appropriate places.

PandbtF.jpg

My plan was to insert a steel bar into the chassis to bolt the rail to. I had a couple pieces laser cut to slip inside the chassis. The notches needed to be cut out for clearance where the bolts pass through to attach the forend grip to the chassis. I drilled and tapped holes to mount the rail to. I tapped for an M5 to match the rest of the hardware on my Bravo chassis.

9jl41DJ.jpg

DKunzle.jpg

loUTsCt.jpg

Then bolted everything back together.

r7TdQqR.jpg

UAYxHrP.jpg

Did a little dry fire practice and made it to the range once so far. Everything is functioning well. I am thinking I will add a thumb rest to the front of the internal mounting bracket I made. When shooting off of a barricade with a bag I like to clamp the rifle to my bag with my left hand. The gap between the barrel and steel insert worked pretty well for me to clamp my thumb on but I would like to make just a bit larger of a shelf there.

m5r6D22.jpg

I also had a few butt spacers laser cut to balance things back out. With everything installed and an M24 contour barrel I am just a bit over 20 pounds. I don’t have a great scale to get a precise measurement.

48naYOi.jpg
Are you still making these? thanks