• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steel Plate/ Ground hog Match

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
Steel plate is wide open with no classes except nothing larger than 338. Points are based on hits on gongs from 500-1K. 2 shots per gong, 6 minutes to make the 2 shots. There will be a lot of custom guns here.

Ground Hog match, I would enter in the Factory class based on IBA rules. Have not heard anything on scopes or bipods, my floorplate concerns me since it is a Redhawk Rifles floorplate and I don't know how anal they will be about it.

The rifle would be a Remington 700p 5r in 308 mainly because I have a good amount of time behind it and am comfortable with it. I've had it out to 1K a few times. Based on the specs what are some weak links I should start working on. The scope would be hard to replace right now, but stuff like triggers and bipods ect are doable. Stuff like bedding, brakes and what not are allowed as well.
Specs are:
-R700P action
-40x trigger
-VX3I LR 4.5-14 scope TMR reticle
-Harris Bipod
-Warne Rings and 20moa base
-Current load is 175 grain SMKs
-Rear bags are sand sock or caldwell rear back ( both are legal )

They do have flags but I assume I might be better off with a Kestral?

I don't expect to win but would like to set myself up well enough to with a little practice I can still have fun.

What I am working with.
CMTZaRE.jpg

Reactions: YotaEer
Biggest weak link: you

Take it to 1k a few more times and record the actual drops.

Bed it, easy insurance.

Trigger is a nice upgrade too. No matter how much people tell you the 40x trigger is just as good as a boring timney, they are wrong.

Biggest weak link: you

Take it to 1k a few more times and record the actual drops.

Bed it, easy insurance.

Trigger is a nice upgrade too. No matter how much people tell you the 40x trigger is just as good as a boring timney, they are wrong.

I was thinking of a Trigger tech 2 stage? Or would a timney be better?

Gonna pull the trigger on a Trigger tech 2 stage. Before I do, are they still having reliability issues? If so would the Timney flat shoe be a good option?

Gonna pull the trigger on a Trigger tech 2 stage. Before I do, are they still having reliability issues? If so would the Timney flat shoe be a good option?
They have been sending out replacements so I would assume so but it’s also possible you get old new stick depending on where you order and what they have on hand.

Reactions: TurdFerguson