• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steel Safari 2010

Re: Steel Safari 2010

Excellent match!

Special thanks to Zak,Mike K,Michael F,Chuck W, Maggie, Julie and of course the Wheeler's for having us.

And more thanks to all the sponsors for their great donations and support for the match.

Awesome group to shoot with!

-J

Fun times. I am dragging ass a little today.

A ton of work and a lot of heavy lifting went into this match. It ran very smooth and the weather was perfect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">edit clicky here hompage results
congrats BJ </div></div>

Thanks Rich!!! Also thanks to the guys that put in all the hours it takes to put one of these on. I know it's ALOT of work!!

Didn't expect to shoot as well as I did but I guess even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while. Couldn't have done it w/out my tack driving orange 6 Dasher that Jon Beanland built!! Thanks Jon and sorry for the tough luck. I should have been third!!

The match was awesome!! Thanks to all the match staff they ran a great match and thanks to all the sponsors. They really had some great stuff. Barrett and Thunderbeast really stepped up. Barrett gave away one of their new piston AR's and a some other good stuff, and Thunderbeast had several cans up for grabs. The other sponsors had lots of great stuff as well.

No B.J. You should have been right where you were. You did a great job and deserve it as did Steve. You both are great guys (and shot lights out) i really enjoyed spending the weekend shooting with the both of you. I'd just like to say thanks to Zak and the match staff. You all did a great job this year. The course was awesome and very challenging as always. This match is something everyone should try. Trust Me, you will learn so much at this one. It will make you a better shooter. (taught me a lesson this weekend) Had a lot of fun, except for the ride home.

My photos

http://demigodllc.com/photo/SteelSafari-2010/

Billy was taking photos too. I'll post the link when he sends it to me.

ETA:

I'll have a match report up within about a week. If anyone would like to write up a few paragraphs with your impressions or comments about the match, to be included in the report, please forward to my email. Last year's match report was just published in the 2010 Combat Arms magazine.

Christ was it hot this year, but I loved the beating just the same. Tread lightly Mike Dowd.....I'm going to get you one of these days....

Thanks to the match staff and sponsors!

Forgot a few people on the "thank you" list in my previous post. Wanted to thank the guys and girls @ Vortex for making an outstanding scope in the new Razor. I've had it for about a year and the more I shoot it the more I like it. Definatly used the FFP feature alot. Don't think I can go back to a rear focal scope now. It took a beating this weekend and performed flawlessly!! It's a winner for sure.

Also wanted to thank Zeiss. My friend and I both used the RF 10x45 binos and there is not a better RF available in the civilian market. I'd put the laser up against the Vector PLRFs that I've seen plus it's as fine a bino as you can buy and that is a huge advantage in a match like this.

I just wanted to say thanks as well. The match staff did a great job once again putting on an incredibly tough competition. I'll be back again next year for sure. Damn it was hot down there.

Brian.

This year - for the first time - we had match t-shirts. Each competitor got one free. These were made possible by RayDog of Big American Man: 100% American Made and printed in Fort Collins. The extras we sold at basically our cost $10 and I think they're all gone at this point.

Big American Man has a bunch of other cool shirts and stuff available - take a look!

Thanks Ray!

-z

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like some needed sunscreen........ </div></div>

That stuff is for women and children.

I had a HELL of a good time at this match! Wish I could do it again this weekend & next....

Well what an adventure! Thanks to Mike, Zak, Michael, and the Ladies for all the hard work in very hot weather conditions. Specal thanks to Dave and Lorrine. Steve mann shot Lights Out. Lots of good guys and tough competitors.

Yep, the competition just keeps getting tougher. Its great for the sport and its great to see friends like you Tom rising up to the challenge. Special congrats go to Steve M. for pulling it all together and whooping some butts. Nice job Steve!
mf

ss10.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">article</span> | <span style="font-weight: bold">2010 Steel Safari Practical Rifle Match </span>

Just wanted to say thank you to all the match staff. Thanks to all the sponsors who donated for the prize table and to the Wheelers for allowing this match to take place on there land. Very challenging and fun match with the shifting winds and varying terrain. Hope to be back next year.
Thanks again.

Zak
How do I sign up for next years match. I don't want to miss out by a couple of hours like this year.

The registration form is usually posted the first Monday of the new year. I put a "warning" message on the Steel Safari web site for about a month prior that explains exactly when registration will open.

No need to make it sound dramatic- everyone who downloaded the form on Monday and sent it first class mail got in. The guy who was #11 on the wait list got to shoot the match.

There is more demand for the match than there are competitor slots, and we are discussing what to do about it.