• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steel target build

elkkid3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2009
Tonto Basin, AZ
This is what you do when your 15 with a shop full of tools and a yard full of steel. I just used scrap steel plate. The plate is 3/8 14"x7" I am going to put a 6"x6" and 3"x3" on it tomorrow.

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

Re: Steel target build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGuru727</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool but whos 15?</div></div>

I am sir.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntinaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGuru727</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool but whos 15?</div></div>

I am sir.</div></div>

15 years old!?...Jesus

Stay well away from them when you are shooting.

Even if it's with pistol. Once they crater, stuff WILL fly back at you.

I have picked jacket out of skin, hair and clothing because of craters like that.

HOWEVER for long range rifle, tear em up until they bend or hole.

LoneWolf, This was shot at 200-250 yards. I have some harder steel for pistol.

Edit: Shot with a .223.

I can think of a lot worse ways a 15 year old can spend his time!

Why don't you try hardening the steel? Might be an interesting comparision to cut two say 4"x4" target from the say steel and shoot one "as is" and the other after its been hardened.

Regards,

Peter

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hellbender</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a fine project! Pretty good welding, too!

Have fun and ALWAYS wear shooting glasses!

</div></div>

Thanks, I love welding! I will NOT get behind ANY firearm without eye protection

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Why don't you try hardening the steel? Might be an interesting comparision to cut two say 4"x4" target from the say steel and shoot one "as is" and the other after its been hardened.</div></div>

I will look into it, sounds like something fun to do.