• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steel target idea, need opinions

Pygmycoho1

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2009
North texas
I was thinking of buying 2 1/2inch round targets one 12inch and one 6 or 8 inches. Have them stacked like a snowman from the shooters point of view and use this like a more advanced silhouette target. They would swing independent of each other. I could get them to both be angled down 15-20 degrees or so. My question is would the bullet after hitting the top target ricochet with the bottom. If that happened it would defeat the purpose of the down angle. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Re: Steel target idea, need opinions

Why not just make them laterally situated? Wouldn't take up that much room and you wouldn't have to worry about any of that. Plus it would give you more arrangement options.

wouldn't that make auto reset harder, and make the bullets bounce sideways instead of down?

I meant more like a falling plate style line up where they are all on one bar.

Why do you want to angle them down. Splatter goes in a full 360. This sounds like a KYL style target

The downward angle will deflect big fragments mostly down most of the time. Its better then just plain flat and immovable.