• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner 4-16x50 Predator Xtreme

Re: Steiner 4-16x50 Predator Xtreme

I posted close to the same question and there is a guy who did a review on the 2.5 model. If you search my posts you will find it. Good info. I am purchasing se scope next week.

Thanks. That's actually more info than I expected on these. My friend is looking for a scope with similar glass to his Zeiss 3-9 but with a little more power and not ultra costly. This scope might fit that bill but it's tuff to find info on it. I'm open to suggestions on other scopes that might fall into that category.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmchairElite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks. That's actually more info than I expected on these. My friend is looking for a scope with similar glass to his Zeiss 3-9 but with a little more power and not ultra costly. This scope might fit that bill but it's tuff to find info on it. I'm open to suggestions on other scopes that might fall into that category.</div></div>

Look at Meopta. A lot better deal for <span style="text-decoration: underline">the same</span> glass.

i will be ordering my steiner predator 4-16x50 hopefully monday or tuesday and go out and shoot it this weekend. chris at sport optics is getting me hooked up. its going on my lr308 that im using mainly for hunting. i will come back on and give my thoughts. wont be as in depth as most on here but will take some pics or something with it too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmchairElite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you feel that one is better than the other? Almost the same price.</div></div>

Meopta uses Schott Glass. I don't know what Steiner uses, but it's pretty good. I have not looked through a 'Predator' scope but I have looked through their binos in the field. Steiner has a patented lens coating that helps make browns/yellows (the color of fur) stand out a little better against the background. As with all compromises this one decreases just the smallest bit of light gathering. So, mid-day, you don't notice a change. At dark side of dawn and dusk, you'll be hard pressed to see animals. In the case of most states, that isn't a legal time to hunt anyway.
I have a pair of fixed 15x Steiner Bighorns that I keep next to the window for wildlife watching. When you get them adjusted right, they are excellent.

The price difference is $50 from the Meopta Military with mil-dot reticle or standard duplex reticle vs. the Steiner 4-16x50 Predator. I like the S-1 as far as a BDC because it subtends in a standard length (like mil/moa) instead of 'what they think you need to shoot'.