• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steiner Binos

Northland

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
Louisiana
Whats the difference in the Military Marine and the Police model? One's OD and one's Black???

Thanks

Re: Steiner Binos

I went onto their website and about all I could figure out was that the Military/Marine has a slightly longer eye relief (17mm) as compared to the Police model which has a 16mm eye relief.

I was comparing the 10x50s.

I used the Mil spec version (Military/Marine) and I can tell you that those things are pretty rugged. They can take a beating in the field and their optical quality is on par with some of the other high end binos.

Thanks man, that what I did too... couldn't find much difference. Not $150 value more in my book...

i think, there is a reticle in the military version. That is the difference

I have the Military Marine in 8X32. They don't have a reticle.
For the last 10 yrs they've served me well. As mentioned, they are tough and rugged.

I ended up getting a pair of used (barely) military 8x32 with the ret in them. They work great