• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Steiner C35, S35, and H35 thermals

TheHebrewHammer

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 1, 2021
The South
Steiner has decided to lower the MAP of the S35 and C35. They are awesome products. They are both 640 12 micron that have all aluminum constructions, onboard recording, and all the bells and whistles someone could want. These prices include shipping, CC fees, and taxes.

S35 - $4,499.99
C35 - $3,999.99
H35 - $2,999.99

At this price they will outperform any thermal scope even close to the price.

The Horta has a C35 en route to him and will be doing a review very soon. DLO has had one for a while and likes it a lot.

I am placing a large order but they won't ship until the new MAP becomes official (about a week). You can reserve one but I wont take payment until they are en route to me. I am not going to hold someone's money for over a week as I hate waiting for stuff I already paid for so I don't wanna make yall wait. I can take CC over the phone, money order, or check.

SHOOT ME A PM FOR SH PRICE, YOU WILL ALSO GET A $250 REBATE STARTING 7/1 FOR THE H35 AND C35, AMD A $500 REBATE FOR THE S35 FROM STEINER.

I am open to trades for Snake guns; ABL, Indonesian, or Congo FN-49; Mateba Unica 6; Real 97 Trench Gun; Black Widow Luger; G41; G43; SVT-40; or anything FN or IMI.

The data sheets are on Steiner's Website.

Stock left as of 07/03
2 - C35s
5 - H35s
4 - S35s

Attachments

• Resized_20220511_171826.jpeg
    Resized_20220511_171826.jpeg
    429.6 KB · Views: 439
  • Resized_20220511_172725.jpeg
    Resized_20220511_172725.jpeg
    454.6 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Has anyone done a review comparing this to the super yoter C? I've been wanting to pick up the yoter but thats a pretty sweet price for the features in the C35.

I have both and will do a comparison when I am home in a couple weeks, but the Steiner is much more sturdy and the mount is amazing.
Looking forward to it. How long will this pricing be available?

Not sure, probably until they sell the first batch and get more reviews out there. I believe the lack of sales in the US and the lack of advertising is the real reason these thermals aren't more popular.

Reactions: banks74
Does the battery compartment block operation of a 90 deg bolt throw? Can you get a QD mount on the S35 like you can the C35? What is the base magnification? I’ve only seen where it declares digital magnification levels of 1-8x. Really wish the S35 had a rangefinder though.

Last edited:
For the price of the S35, you can buy a Silencer Co Radius and still be less expensive than a comparable thermal scope. The battery compartment shouldn't but I will mount it on a bolt gun of mine and test it. I believe it is a native 2x magnification but I would reccomend reaching out to Steiner to double check.

Reactions: chase723
I posted this in another thread but it seems relevant here as well.

I was told by Steiner the 2+ pound S35 is only rated up to 308 semi auto (800g shock). What's the point of a heavy all metal thermal if that's all it can take?

This is in comparison to the lighter Iray Rico that is rated to 300 win/7mm mag (over 1000g) which also has a longer warranty period (steiner only has two year warranty. Also these only have 16gb on board memory which seems fairly small for a flagship thermal.

• Wow
Reactions: jwramp
For the price of the S35, you can buy a Silencer Co Radius and still be less expensive than a comparable thermal scope. The battery compartment shouldn't but I will mount it on a bolt gun of mine and test it. I believe it is a native 2x magnification but I would reccomend reaching out to Steiner to double check.
Also, since I’ve gotten conflicting reports, do the reticles scale with magnification?

Also Steiner will be offering a $250 rebate on these, I believe in the form of a prepaid Visa. So subtract another $250 from the price, and you can't get anything close in quality for the price.

Don't have one to compare it to, but I am sure The Horta has one or two of those laying around. That's a question for him when he posts the review.

The stats look similar 640x480 12 micron for both. Refresh is a bit different, 50hz for the Steiner, 60hz for the Trijicon. Big difference seems weight with the steiner weighing 1.5 times as much for clip on and 2 times for the sight. Other big difference is 35mm focal for steiner verdus 19mm for the Trijicon. Looks like the S35 is closer to yhe REAR-IR 35MM and the C53 is closer to the SNIPE-IR.

Probably, but the Steiner had all the features you could want, while the Trijicons have the bare minimum features. I would also be interested to see the difference in image processing technology, also the displays are much different.

If you are looking for a clip on for a caliber like 338 or 50 BMG, you are looking for a UTC or Theon. I like the all aluminum housing because I don't want to be worried about my thermal being destroyed if I drop it on a rock or it bounces in the bed of my 4x4. I like tough gear, and I'm sure a good amount of other people do too. The QD mount on the C35 is the most solid non-mil factory mount I have ever seen. Also, after rebate the C35 is $3750 and the S35 is $4250. When comparing to other 640 12 micron thermals, these prices make the Steiner series the best thermal for the money easily.

Here is The Horta's review in progress:

C35 is The Shizzle for $3999. Solid 10x optical performance.

I am the worst at taking pictures, but here is the Steiner C35 behind a P4Xi 4-16 @ 4x. The furthest mailbox is 350 yards away.

Attachments

• 20220525_221632.jpg
    20220525_221632.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 377
The weird vertical lines are from my phone. Steiner will be demoing this product this weekend in Houston so we should be seeing a lot more videos and pictures up soon.

With that pricing, how you have any left is beyond me. Bonkers.

I have one of each left. Steiner has plenty in stock so if you pay before midnight Monday I will order yours direct from the factory. Turnaround time will be very fast and I will pay for the shipping label and send you the tracking info as soon as you pay. The second it arrives at my place, your shipping label will get slapped on the box and head straight to your door.

All paid orders have been shipped, thanks for all the business. I have one leftover S35 that I'll sell at the same sale price if anyone wants it. Hope everyone has a good week and let me know what yall think of the C35s once you get them.

Reactions: Bravo6niner
Do you know at what magnification the reticle subtends and the drops for all the various reticles? I don't think it's in the paperwork and when I zoom in and out I don't see it changing in size so I assume it's the same as a sfp?

I am the worst at taking pictures, but here is the Steiner C35 behind a P4Xi 4-16 @ 4x. The furthest mailbox is 350 yards away.
Out of curiosity, when you blow up the picture, there are a bunch of vertical white lines. Are those in the thermal itself or from the camera? Also possibly interested in purchasing one.

Another question. Will an Illuminated reticle from the scope positioned in front of the thermal appear on the thermal in color or black/white depending on the color palate?

Another question. Will an Illuminated reticle from the scope positioned in front of the thermal appear on the thermal in color or black/white depending on the color palate?
The thermal clipon is positioned in front of your day optic. So, you look through your day optic which is then looking at the back screen of the thermal optic.

For a thermal scope, you use it in place of a day optic.

Thermal will not see through glass, it can't see through your day scope.

I hope this clarifies, unless I misunderstood your question?

You can’t put anything in FRONT of a thermal. Assuming you’re talking about putting the scope BEHIND the C35 clipon, yes… you should be able to see your reticle/colors/illumination.

Reactions: stefan73
My thought was that maybe the illuminated reticle from the day scope might be washed out and turn black against the back side of the thermal. I do recognize that the day scope is behind the thermal. So, it sounds like the illuminated day scope reticle (Red) WILL be visible in the sight picture.

Reactions: stefan73
Thanks, I've seen the thread. The picture of the cat shows the reticle in black but does not say if it was an illuminated reticle or not. A picture with an illuminated reticle showing up red on the thermal would be nice to see.
No problem seeing illumination. I’ve been using white hot hunting and the black shows up really well on the animal, especially when zoomed. Sometimes I’ll use the illumination to see the chevron (Primary Arms Griffin reticle) at 1.5x easier

Just got them in, currently have a dozen C35s and some S35s in stock. I can make a package deal for both that will knock your socks off and am offering SH discounts.

Father's day sale starts now. I have C35s thermal clip ons, S35 Thermal scopes, and H35 thermal handhelds. I have some S35/H35 packages that are extremely affordable. Again, free shipping and no CC fee.