• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steiner HX 15X56

Birddog6424

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2014
    Boise, Idaho
    I got in line on a pair of these a while back, and a big shipment of them just showed up from Steiner Germany. I got mine out on Saturday for some long range shooting, and I'm pretty impressed.

I've owned a Vortex Razor spotter for some years. Ran it mostly with the fixed 30x WA mil reticle lens. Its treated me really well.. But I've never seen as much clarity on bullet trace as I was picking up with these Steiners. My 300 Norma running 230gr Berger Hybrids at 3k fps leaves a pretty solid trail. I was seeing better than that on a 22 caliber 88gr ELDM. I was literally watching it go out and drop down right into the face of the plate at 920 yards.

Clarity and image sharpness is amazing. These are all Schott glass with the NBAK1 prism from Schott, and Steiner definitely got their coating right.

Head to head against my brand new 18x Kaibabs, the clarity, sharpness of the image, and brightness, is better in the HX.

For all the guys looking for optics in the $800 to $1300 price point, this is a very strong contender.

I was on the hunt for some good, high power, binoculars. My mind was set on the Meopta Meostar B1 15x56, but your experience with other binoculars and input on the Steiners pushed me in that direction. The Meopta binos are out of stock where I was going to get them too.

I received my Steiners on Wednesday and used them at my monthly NRL22 match, that has a maximum distance of 100 yards, Saturday. I was one of two spotters on our squad and spent close to 3 hours, off and on, behind them. Ironically, the other spotter had Swarovski SLC 15x56 binos.

You weren’t kidding about clarity and resolution! These things offer an amazing view with great depth of field where the image looks 3D. During the first stage, when the sun was still low, I could see the bullet on its way to the target for the 75 and 100 yard shots.

I did some spotting with the Swarovski SLCs and, in this situation, I felt that the Steiners don’t give up anything in image quality & resolution.

I am waiting on my Outdoorsmans binocular adapter to be delivered on Monday. In the meantime, I had them mounted on an inexpensive mount from Amazon. I have the Innorel Rt90c tripod and Anvil 30 which made adjustments quick and locked them down solid.

I cannot wait until I can get these out for some spotting at 500 yards and beyond to really take it vantage of their capabilities. At this time, I am extremely pleased with my purchase and agree that they are a fantastic contender in their price point and beyond.

Attachments

• DFDB1F9F-7AAE-4A7D-A4FB-CA0A3BF3C4ED.jpeg
      DFDB1F9F-7AAE-4A7D-A4FB-CA0A3BF3C4ED.jpeg
      490.2 KB · Views: 101
    • F3EDD8D1-8752-42E2-9DB8-437A08DF5C9D.jpeg
      F3EDD8D1-8752-42E2-9DB8-437A08DF5C9D.jpeg
      659.3 KB · Views: 139
    Last edited:
    I used to have a pair of the Steiner 20x80s. Spotting trace with those was so easy. Their only drawback was the size. I wouldn't mind checking out these 15x binos from Steiner.

Reactions: Browninglover1
    I was on the hunt for some good, high power, binoculars. My mind was set on the Meopta Meostar B1 15x56, but your experience with other binoculars and input on the Steiners pushed me in that direction. The Meopta binos are out of stock where I was going to get them too.

I received my Steiners on Wednesday and used them at my monthly NRL22 match, that has a maximum distance of 100 yards, Saturday. I was one of two spotters on our squad and spent close to 3 hours, off and on, behind them. Ironically, the other spotter had Swarovski SLC 15x56 binos.

You weren’t kidding about clarity and resolution! These things offer an amazing view with great depth of field where the image looks 3D. During the first stage, when the sun was still low, I could see the bullet on its way to the target for the 75 and 100 yard shots.

I did some spotting with the Swarovski SLCs and, in this situation, I felt that the Steiners don’t give up anything in image quality & resolution.

I am waiting on my Outdoorsmans binocular adapter to be delivered on Monday. In the meantime, I had them mounted on an inexpensive mount from Amazon. I have the Innorel Rt90c tripod and Anvil 30 which made adjustments quick and locked them down solid.

I cannot wait until I can get these out for some spotting at 500 yards and beyond to really take it vantage of their capabilities. At this time, I am extremely pleased with my purchase and agree that they are a fantastic contender in their price point and beyond.

Glad you like them..

I shot another match yesterday using these to spot. Atrocious weather conditions, overcast, rain, high winds.. just nasty. The binos were still up to the task. I've been pretty happy with them.

I have had a set of 10x42s. I haven't put them on a tripod but they've been great for everything I've used them for.