• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner Issues

Are you taking about the TX5i or the "military" MX5i? The early T's had well documented tracking issues. The M series is a completely different scope.

My MX5i 5-25 is perfect with no issues at all.

The T5 is the recent model they came out with....with some issues. The M5 is the military model that has been out for many years. which one do you have? The M5 says "military" on the ocular side of the scope.

And, the T5Xi has a list price of $2000. $3000 sounds more like the M5.

So, which is it?

What is the issue and do you have any pictures?

I have a T5xi. New turrets. Tracks like it's on rails. Had a parallax issue. Sent back under warranty on their dime. Their and beck inside 10days and I shipped it on a Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Daks
Yep the early T5Xi had issues but I got sent one of the later ones with the new turrets to test and it worked perfectly. I also have a couple of the M5Xi 5-25 and they're solid as a rock. Sucks if you're having an Issue though and hopefully it gets taken care of.

I've experienced similar. I don't know what will come of it, but it feels like we're just out whatever we paid for them.

The good news is that half the people that bought them are content. Yay.

My bad, My first boat anchor was a T5Xi and my new two time loser is Steiner M5X Military 5-25x56 MSR. I have been lied to by three of their reps of which non of them work there now. They seem to have a lot of management issues, as first they had outside Reps, then inside Reps, and now outside Reps again. No consistency in personnel or the quality of their product. There were three of us that got the M5X and two of us have issues. I guess if nothing else it was a good learning experience and for the money bought a Schmidt & Bender. Had issues with their DBAL3's as well, can't get help with that due to they are allegedly supposed to be moving to another manufacturing facility which is having issues getting stood up.

So.... are you going to provide details on why you own a "boat anchor" and why Steiner won't support/repair/fix their product? Just coming in here and throwing out vague statements about how they suck won't get you any help or advise. People here, have been using Steiner scopes and customer service for years and may be able to provide very helpful information. That being said unless we know what the issue is, spouting off about boat anchors won't get your post count any higher and won't get you any help...

Burris/Steiner was great with my TX5i. I never had to send any of my Steiner Military scopes back for repair. Do they go to Steiner Germany, or do they go to Steiner /Burris?

We just T&E a M5. It's been a nightmare. Parallax issues, and tracking issues. Doing box drills it won't return to zero! It's very disappointing. Even my T5 has Parallax issues

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

So.... are you going to provide details on why you own a "boat anchor" and why Steiner won't support/repair/fix their product? Just coming in here and throwing out vague statements about how they suck won't get you any help or advise. People here, have been using Steiner scopes and customer service for years and may be able to provide very helpful information. That being said unless we know what the issue is, spouting off about boat anchors won't get your post count any higher and won't get you any help...

All have been tracking issues not going back to zero with both scopes. Getting conflicting reasoning and what was repaired or not repaired on my scopes from Steiner Rep's and customer service. I have old Steiner's that have had no issues. I am not spouting off, nor looking for post count numbers, nor help. Simply seeing if others have experienced issues as I have with Steiner. Just like the individual who posted above with same issues.

I know that I'm asking because your experienced seems so different from what I and a number of others here have experienced with Steiner customer service. Are you using the customer service in Greenlee, CO through Burris? When you sent it in, did you include a note describing the exact issues that you were having and what you wanted to have repaired?

I did not go through a Rep when I sent mine in to have the new turrets installed and the parallax fixed. I had one of the very early T5Xi 5-25s and loved it, but had an issue with parallax/focus at 100 yds and less. Mine did take more than the 2 weeks i and they expected it to take, but I didn't bug them, because I have other scopes and I trusted the process to work (within reason). In 5 weeks, I ended up receiving a new replacement scope, as according to the tracking sheet, it was waiting on a part assembly, then when that was received, it did not fix the problem.

So, to summarize; I went one the Steiner Warranty site and filled out a warranty request, received an email within 48 hours (I cannot remember exactly, but know that it was reasonable), responded to the email with more information and a question as to whether or not I should include the accessories (scope caps, throw lever, batteries, etc) when I shipped it back, I was told to remove and keep the accessories myself so that there was no chance of them getting lost and that I would have to ship it and a recommendation to include insurance, Then, the same or following day, I received another email with a prepaid shipping label to print out, so I used that and included a printed copy of the email communications with my details and issues in the box. Five weeks later, I received new scope in the mail that included the scope caps and another throw lever, in a sealed box, just as if I had bought it new somewhere.

I know that it was a long, drawn out explanation, but my point is, there never was a rep involved to lie to me, just a customer service person, nor did I have occasion/need to discuss any of the details with anyone.

How did your transaction go?

My first T5Xi experience was similar to your with the exception that mine was a tracking back to zero issue and waited 6 weeks to get scope back. 3 months later that same scope would not return back to zero accurately once again. It was sent back to Greeley, CO. I left a disgruntled message and was contacted by Steven Schweitzer, their VP or Marketing/Sales and stated they would be replacing the scope. Sent it back and received another......which was still my same scope (same serial number and pin mark). Contacted them again, and a guy named Philip Harding sent me another RMA and said there was confusion in customer service as what was supposed to happen. I finally ended up with another scope which did work out. The M5 was about three time more BS than the T5 had.

That does suck, for sure. I'll say that I'm surprised to hear about the M5 though. My experience and others that I know with one have been great with them being solid performers. I admit that these are all somewhat older versions of the M5 and not recently made. I wonder if something changed with the manufacture of the M5?

My first T5Xi experience was similar to your with the exception that mine was a tracking back to zero issue and waited 6 weeks to get scope back. 3 months later that same scope would not return back to zero accurately once again. It was sent back to Greeley, CO. I left a disgruntled message and was contacted by Steven Schweitzer, their VP or Marketing/Sales and stated they would be replacing the scope. Sent it back and received another......which was still my same scope (same serial number and pin mark). Contacted them again, and a guy named Philip Harding sent me another RMA and said there was confusion in customer service as what was supposed to happen. I finally ended up with another scope which did work out. The M5 was about three time more BS than the T5 had.

So you don't actually own any Steiner "boat anchors"? The truncated version is that, after more hassle than you like, Steiner took care of the problems?

I wish I knew if my scopes had parallax issues. Do you dial to where it is in focus and then check if there is parallax error? I've never checked parallax or tracking on any of my scopes, but about 3/4 of them have had to go back for more obvious problems.