• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steiner laser and mod button failures?

WilliePete-

2 Pump Chump
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2007
Signal Mtn,TN-- OR therebouts
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with the mod button in Steiners lasers I hear some lasers just wont work with certain pressure switches and I also read awhile back on reddit of a guy that had an issue of the plug port prolapsing etc etc...

being that I run a A2 and it being FP making it unable to be warrantied this worries me somewhat lol.

Being that the A2 is a older unit I'm not sure if the plug design is the same as the A3 I've only played with the D2 (great unit btw)

I've had a Unity Taps switch yank a dbal plug on me, honestly the glued in thing is a design weakness. They need something keyed that rotates and locked into place.

Having said that they fixed mine with very little hassle. Knowing that's a weakness, what I do now is if I need to remove a tight plug is I'll open a pair of needle nose pliers and use those to provide resistance at the plug sleeve by laying the jaws against the sleeve as I pull the plug out so it's not just the glue doing the work.