• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steiner LRF

Baron26

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2017
DFW, Texas
Has anyone used the Steiner M830r lrf binos? Looking at them compared to the Leica/Zeiss/Swarovski. Thanks.

I just bought the 1535nm from Steiner. I compared it with the M830r 905nm the Swarovski and the Leica. The big advantage of the Steiner was the Porro System. Once you focused it, you always have a sharp picuture. Additionally you have a built-in MIL-reticle, which is a big benefit for me as a long range shooter. The Steiner also has a scan mode, once you push the button for 3 sec it automatilly measures, wherever you look. Glasses had been on all models up to the highest level. A friend is in the Airforce and they are using them too and had been very satisfied. I do have a Leica Geovid too. Never had any problem with it. So definately also a good choice.

You can call Eurooptic and talk with Jason. He is very well informed. I've used the steiners and they are awesome. The reticle is crooked for me as you cannot turn the reticle if your eyes are a bit closer together. The steiners are very durable and give fast accurate ranges. I went with the leica geovids and will have them next week. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the top brand lrf binos.

I have a pair of 8x30 range finders. I forget the model number (I think they are the Night Hunter). They are very good binoculars and will range to 1860 yards. Glass is crystal clear, ranging is accurate as well. Battery life is good, and has a scan mode. My only complaint is the reticle needs to be smaller with the overall display brighter, and a deeper red. Or the ability to change the reticle color when needed. The ability to attach it to a tripod would also be very nice for those long distances where stability while ranging is necessary.

So my M-Series binoculars had all a tripod adapter srcew in the front. May be your on does have that too.

No adapter available. On mine the center pin holds the lens covers on.

After a quick Google Search, I did see a bino adapter that clamps around them. May try that.