• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner M7xi Turret Issue

J-Fonz

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2005
Louisville KY
Sighted in my new to me M7xi today - after zeroing and setting turrets I was seeing how much elevation the scope had (21.6mil). Went to back the turret back to zero and it stopped .5 below zero on the second revolution. Moved back to max elevation and back down again. It won't go below the .5 below second revolution, even though the second rev indicator dropped. Moving back and forth but as it sets it only moves in the second revolution.

How in the hell do I get it to go back to the first revolution? It feels like it's hitting the zero stop on the second revolution.

Reactions: carlito
Not sure I fully get what you’re saying. The zero stop on that model goes 0.5 mil below. For clarity, the steps I took:
  1. Zero at range
  2. Loosen locking screws half a turn
  3. Return turret to zero
  4. Tighten screws.
I just went and checked I can dial well into the second dev, but not all the way. When I dial back down to zero is goes 0.5 below.

If yours is stuck in the second revolution the only think I can think of is to loosen the screws and try again (though you probably already did that).

Yep - did a couple of times. The second rev indicator dropped, so I think the turret believes it's on the first revolution. As it stands I can go between -0.5 and 6.6.

Sighted in my new to me M7xi today - after zeroing and setting turrets I was seeing how much elevation the scope had (21.6mil). Went to back the turret back to zero and it stopped .5 below zero on the second revolution. Moved back to max elevation and back down again. It won't go below the .5 below second revolution, even though the second rev indicator dropped. Moving back and forth but as it sets it only moves in the second revolution.

How in the hell do I get it to go back to the first revolution? It feels like it's hitting the zero stop on the second revolution.
Hi J-Fonz,

I have a Steiner M7Xi IFS 4-28x56 scope with a similar issue. My maximum elevation is 19.0mil and it stops a. 5mil below zero. The Steiner is mounted in a Spuhr with 6mil/20.6moa elevation and the riffle has a 0 moa picatiny rail. I believe Steiner is advising a 45moa elevation for the scope for long distance. Did you manage to solve your Steiner issue? I have contacted Steiner in Germany but no response...

Steiner USA got me squared away. They tried to help via email but I wasn't pushing getting the turret removed. I had it back in about 2 weeks.

Reactions: carlito
Steiner USA got me squared away. They tried to help via email but I wasn't pushing getting the turret removed. I had it back in about 2 weeks.
Thanks for the feedback J-Fonz 👍. So it means I need to send my scope under warranty to Steiner Germany (I live in Belgium) and request to replace the (elevation) turret to get this issue fixed.