• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner Mx5i

Fullerboss1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2021
usa
I just got my mx5i in the mail i got it used. Dumb idea. I noticed right away the turret for elevation would not go all the way through the adjustment range to 26. I took the cap off and now i have full adjustment from zero all the way to above 26. The problem im having is when i go to set the zero stop . Can anybody walk me through the procedure to put the cap back on correctly. where ever i lock the set screws down at is where it sets the zero to i cant loosen them go above the number and then turn down to the number so it read zero. im having trouble explaining it. Ill post a video tomorrow. If somebody can help that would be great thanks alot.

You already have your erector/elevation set at the very bottom range of the travel. Go bore sight it at the range 50 yards or whatever you feel like doesn’t really matter then shoot it and see where you’re zero is. Then loosen the screws and slip the turret back down to read zero. Tighten the screws. Scope should be spot on with a functional zero.
Just because a scope manufacturer claims it has 26 mils of elevation travel doesn’t mean your going to have that full range of elevation dialing up. That would mean your zero is at where you have it set now and that would give you the full 26. Won’t happen.