• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner P4Xi 4-16x56

nations1017

Minuteman
Jan 26, 2011
MS
I just picked up a new Steiner P4Xi 4-16x56 w/ the SCR reticle and noticed that when the illumination is turned on, only part of the center cross hair is illuminated? I can only see the left and bottom portion of the center cross hair. Anybody else own one of these scopes or had issues like this with a Steiner?

I picked one of these up just before Christmas. I love it, everything works better than I had expected. Thinking of picking up another. I’m not sure the problem you are experiencing is a normal issue with the P4Xi. The only issues I’ve come across with the early models were parallax related. I would contact Steiner.

Yes, I love the scope and can’t beat it for the money! Glass is super clear and turrets are awesome, way more tactile than my Military 5-25x56. I contacted Steiner and they are taking care of it. Customer service has been great (in my experience).

I asked the dealer who I purchased the scope from about the parallax issue and they stated that it has been fixed.

The glass and turrets are absolutely amazing for the price! Next to my Gen 2 Razor it’s hard to say which turrets I like better. That’s slightly disappointing about the M5Xi turrets. I’m currently waiting for a M5Xi 5-25 MSR2 that I purchased through LibertyOptics. I own two T5Xi 5-25’s, bought them at the same time from the same dealer and the controls between the two feel totally different. On one scope the elevation and windage turrets feel amazing and consistent all the way from stop to stop but the mag ring and parallax knob are rough. The other scope has been back to Steiner once because the second rev indicator was binding under the cap and could barely get past second rev. This issue was present straight out of the box. The mag ring and parallax knob feel amazing on this scope. It took Steiner almost two months to get that scope back to me but all in all, I had a very pleasant experience with Steiner customer service and the scope has not let me down since.

Last edited:
Well, all these toys are man made so there's a chance something can go wrong. Frustrating when you spend this kind of money, which is a lot to me, on this stuff and you get a lemon. However, I always try to factor in the level of customer service in addition to the quality of the product itself. That's a big deal to me.

Just got mine in the mail today. Have a question to those who have received one recently.

On the top of the ocular there is TACTICAL written in bold white,.them the P4Xi , I have not.seen pics of this scope with that bold tactical written nor on Steiners website.

Is this new?

Thank you

Craig

Just got mine in the mail today. Have a question to those who have received one recently.

On the top of the ocular there is TACTICAL written in bold white,.them the P4Xi , I have not.seen pics of this scope with that bold tactical written nor on Steiners website.

Is this new?

Thank you

Craig
Craig, I checked with Steiner and they replied:

"This is the same #5221 scope, but with the word “tactical” lasered on it. This version was originally manufactured for the Australia & Canadian markets only. You can assure the customer that is 100% the exact same scope, but just a “limited edition” so to speak that we made. "

Thanks so much for your reply Doug. This scope I purchased for myself, a big part due to all your sales posts on it! I wish we could get the deals that you offer up here in Canada!

Thank you for all you do in the sport optics community!

Craig

Finally got to finger-bang mine today. I like what i see so far. Yes, the elevation turret is stiffer than the windage, but not a deal breaker for me by any stretch. It might be tough to turn with just the fingertips for some people, but with a good purchase it won't be a problem.

I really like how the marks on the turrets line up perfect with the witness mark. And the reticle appears to be usable on 4x and 16x. I was worried that it would be too thick for the small plates at 600 yds. I think it will be fine.

If i can run it through it's paces this week, I'll report back.

Thanks again Doug. You and Joel rock!

Last edited:
Reactions: gr8fuldoug