• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes steiner predator xtreme riflescope ?

cz777

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
i am thinking of up-grading of two rifles with steiner predator xtreme riflescope 3-12x36mm ok i didnt see any specs for the impact and water death ? so anybody know any them specs or tested them in real world for holding up ? thxs

One of the guys has a couple, I'll have him post up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

I have the 2x10 Predator. Great glass but the turrets have issues and instruction manual is very poor. The turrets zero by sighting the rifle in and rotating a plastic sleeve to the zero mark. Its very cheap and too easy to have the sleeve move while turrets didn't rotate. The manual doesn't give you any info as far and what the holdovers correspond to. The scope has awesome glass and the power ring is huge and easy to rotate. The turret design is what turned me off for the most part.

I have the 2x10 Predator. Great glass but the turrets have issues and instruction manual is very poor. The turrets zero by sighting the rifle in and rotating a plastic sleeve to the zero mark. Its very cheap and too easy to have the sleeve move while turrets didn't rotate. The manual doesn't give you any info as far and what the holdovers correspond to. The scope has awesome glass and the power ring is huge and easy to rotate. The turret design is what turned me off for the most part.
a bit more detail on this point please ''the turrets have issues'' can this be upgraded ? any more feedback on this by others ? thxs again

Ill post a picture later today. I don't like that the turrets are zeroed by moving a plastic collar. Imagine the turret has all the numbers printed on a plastic sleeve that doesnt lock in place. Its a cheap design. You'll see what I mean.

Hey bhogs, looks like you have something loose?

I have a 2-10 and a 4-16 at home Ill have to check it out. I don't remember that happening on mine. Will post my findings. I find that very unbelievable for any scope to do.

I have been shooting my 4-16 for awhile on my rimfire and have a 2-10 mounted up on my 338Weatherby. Just loaded 100 rnds for hunting season for the 338, so I will let ya know how it goes very soon.

Both scopes have unreal eye relief which I really like in a hunting scope. Def a top choice for quality glass as well.

here a thread that I also posted on.
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-hunting-scope-light-270-wsm.html#post2646472

Will report back tho on the knobs.

Regrads,
DT

I understand that but your post is insinuating that they spin all the time. I'm saying that isn't the case, it only
spins when released to do so. if yours is spinning all the time it's obviously loose/unsecured. the release
feature is actually a handy way to re-zero knobs without pulling anything off. it re tightens
very tight on my scopes. it also not a concern due to the knobs being capped nearly all the time.

ymmv
DT

Mine is a pain if you crank the turret its pretty easy to rotate the sleeve at the same time. Yours locks?

That turret is working exactly as we intended it to. Please keep in mind that this is a hunting scope and that the only time you will need to rotate the collar of the turret, or the turret itself for that matter, is when you initially zero the scope. When you are zeroing you can rotate the collar to read zero and then be able to adjust your turret X amount of clicks (which are 1/4" @ 100 yards) without having to remember what number you started at. We didn't feel it was necessary to lock it in place. In your video it didn't seem that you had any issues with the collar unintentionally moving independently from the turret. The manual is already being rewritten at this time.

If you don't like the current setup what improvements or modifications would you like to see? Product development is heavily based on your feedback so please let me know how we can improve.

I hope that helped you in some way. I'm looking forward to your feedback.

I understand that but a few times I did inadvertently move it. I think a turret that you unscrew and reset would be fine. Even a spring loaded one would be better. I ran into two reps in NYC recently and discussed that with them.

Hey bh,

I tried to rotate with my fingers but couldn't get it to. maybe I have fat fingers. The manual makes it sound like you have to push something in to release the sleeve is why I asked.
I have never rezeroed the knobs as I just leave it capped for hunting rifle.

Ha will check again tonight. I agree the instructions are tough to understand.

DT

Mine moves very easily. Its no big deal Im just not a fan of the design. I bought mine to a shoot and several other guys really didn't like that turret feature either. I know its a hunting scope but there are better ways to design a turret.