• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steiner Price Increase.

Fred @ Bison Tactical

Bison Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 18, 2012
    Boulder, CO
    www.bisontactical.com
    Steiner just announced an upcoming price increase. We have a couple items in stock that will increase substantially in the very near future. If you have been considering one of these - you shouldn't wait.

The Best range finder binoculars on the market currently (aside mayby from the Vectors) are increasing substantially - new MSRP is over $12K. We have (1) pair left for someone who will get a smoking deal on these - call us for the price.

The M7Xi scope are also going up quite a bit. For German made quality scopes with a lifetime warranty - its really hard to beat the Steiner M7Xi series. We have (1) black left in stock with a Tremor 3 reticle only.

T5Xi's are increasing a bit, but not a lot. We have (1) on the shelf as well:

With all the competition these days, the T5Xi was hardly worth it at the OLD price, let alone the new one. And this is coming from a guy who's bought 4 T5Xis. WTF are they thinking?

It really isn't about increasing their profit at this point, its about decreasing the losses happening from all their increases across the board.

We are having other companies (primer manufacturers for example - but not just them) increasing prices 4-5 times during 12 months. The cost of doing business is just dramatically increasing and the manufacturers have to keep up.

I mostly posted this so people can buy NOW before the price increase if they are thinking about buying something...

It really isn't about increasing their profit at this point, its about decreasing the losses happening from all their increases across the board.

We are having other companies (primer manufacturers for example - but not just them) increasing prices 4-5 times during 12 months. The cost of doing business is just dramatically increasing and the manufacturers have to keep up.

I mostly posted this so people can buy NOW before the price increase if they are thinking about buying something...

Agreed, this is happening across the board with material cost, inflation, fuel prices and supply chain issues that are not just in this industry. :( Unless something changes soon than pricing will continue increasing and availability will keep decreasing.

Last edited:
    With all the competition these days, the T5Xi was hardly worth it at the OLD price, let alone the new one. And this is coming from a guy who's bought 4 T5Xis. WTF are they thinking?
    I agree, steiners prices are hard to deal with already, I don't think a price increase is going to help them at all. Lest we recall drs1x red dots that weren't even daylight bright, countless failed dbals, and the m8 fiasco from Sage Dynamics.

Maybe they are just a bit too long in the tooth to keep up with these new whipper snappers making products that folks actually want to buy (Primary Arms GLx/PLx, Phantom Hill CTF2, ZBolts new LAM lineup with help from Precision Photonic Devices).

I have tons of steiner products but I don't see myself buying much from them anymore.

Shhhhh don’t type facts haha. People don’t get that our dollar is getting fucked on a daily. The more printing the less it’s worth. Simple economics. Also with all this war talk yes materials are going up.

Surprising they were able to hold down their prices this long. Just freight costs alone are squeezing every companies P&L these days.

Reactions: CSTactical
    Funny how everyone assumes everything is made in China these days and unfortunately they are not wrong majority of the time. Normally though real quality products are still made outside of China.

Reactions: Milf Dots
    Guess not on the Zbolt:

1653232709643.png

It's going to be less than $2k but can't remember the exact price. It was posted on IG a few months ago.

I want to say it's designed by the guy who made the dbal d2, so it should be better all around.

It's going to be less than $2k but can't remember the exact price. It was posted on IG a few months ago.

I want to say it's designed by the guy who made the dbal d2, so it should be better all around.
    Wait. A new thing that isn’t explicitly designed to destroy the wallets of dumbasses who are willing to ride the scammy nature of pricing in our industry to the moon?

Unheard of.

Wait. A new thing that isn’t explicitly designed to destroy the wallets of dumbasses who are willing to ride the scammy nature of pricing in our industry to the moon?

Unheard of.
    I know you're being sarcastic but with Zbolt and Phantom Hill making more affordable LAMs that folks actually want and take into account user feedback there's really no reason to stick with the old dated Steiner designs.

I know you're being sarcastic but with Zbolt and Phantom Hill making more affordable LAMs that folks actually want and take into account user feedback there's really no reason to stick with the old dated Steiner designs.
    I'm not being all that sarcastic.

Our industry seems to be predicated upon asking the question "Are they stupid fucks with more money than common sense...or do we intend to ride the taxpayer to the moon?"

The manufacturing differences between the cheapest bolt action rifle and the AI rifles are practically meaningless from a cost basis. Just like the Gucci handbag cost pennies more than the similar Shen Hua Cheap Ass Walmart Shit Company handbag.

But keep riding that cock higher and higher.

Reactions: RockFarmer