• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner question

Kinsman09

Private
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2010
Mt
I purchesed a Steiner 3-15x50, put it in a Blaser QD 34mm no MOA one piece base/rings. Shot the rifle/scope for 100yd zero. Set the turret to 0 with the zero stop set. I accidently pulled off the turret. I shot the rifle dailing out to 6 mils right then left and back to O. Shooting a one MOA 5 shot group. Then I shot a ladder test to 9mils up and back down. Tracking perfect the whole time.

The kicker is I only have 11.9 mils total elevation :-( Is this correct with the O MOA base or did something mess up when I pulled the turret off?

I tried to contact Steiner via. E-mail with no response in over a week :-( Thanks in advance for help/ reply.

The zero moa base has no effect on elevation. This is probably due to pulling the turret off. The instruction manual explains how to reset the elevation if you pull the turret off. If you don't have a manual let me know and I will type out the instructions.

Mr. Burns, Thanks. I read the instruction manual and do not understand what they mean by" return the knob to 260". Can you elobrate on this?

I have the same scope mounted in a NF magmount on a 6.5cm gasser and after my 100yd zero I have 23.3 mils of elevation left... It must be because you pulled the turret off.

Mr. Burns, Thanks. I read the instruction manual and do not understand what they mean by" return the knob to 260". Can you elobrate on this?

Not sure about the 3-15 but on mine I have 26 mils of elevation or 260 clicks. I believe this means set the turret to max elevation (260 clicks) then loosen the set screws and remove the turret in order to reset the actuator.

Does that help?

Nope, didn't work. Going back to Steiner :-( Disappointed, yes I know I"ll get flamed by you people. It was my own fault, cold day zeroing the scope, gloves on and well not soldier proof for a Military product.

Mr. Burns, thanks again for the help.

Kinsman09 you are more than welcome to send it back to us and we will surely take care of it for you or you can contact via pm and you can give me a call and ill walk you through putting the turret cap back on correctly. You may stilp have an issue but at least you wilp be able to eliminate that part of it. Let me know if i can help.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hmmm sorry that wasn't the answer. When you do get it figured out post the resolution in case another of us Steiner owners run into the same issue.

Good luck!