• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steiner T6Xi 3-18 Reticle

Which Reticle?

• SCR2

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • MSR2

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters

IFlyEm l

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2023
Temecula, CA
So I am about to put in a order for a T6Xi 3-18. I am still a unsure which reticle I want to go with. I like the idea of the SCR2 but I am wondering how visible it is at lower magnification. I am setting up an AR10 in 308 with a 20" barrel and am looking at a DMR setup. This is my first non LPVO scope and since I can't return it (due to my discount program) I want to make sure I make the right choice. So what's the consensus on 3-18's? Crosshair or tree?

Thanks!

steiner-scr2-reticle.png

SCR2
msr2.jpg

MSR2

SCR2 for sure if you're ever going to hold over. That being said, a 6x magnification range us going to make it harder to pick up at low power...not impossible, but close to what your attached photo shows.

MSR2 will help you estimate range better if no LRF is used. I almost always dial elevation, so I'd probably go the MSR2 route.

So I am about to put in a order for a T6Xi 3-18. I am still a unsure which reticle I want to go with. I like the idea of the SCR2 but I am wondering how visible it is at lower magnification. I am setting up an AR10 in 308 with a 20" barrel and am looking at a DMR setup. This is my first non LPVO scope and since I can't return it (due to my discount program) I want to make sure I make the right choice. So what's the consensus on 3-18's? Crosshair or tree?

Thanks!

I have several scopes with the Horus reticles H58 H59 Tremor 3 & Tremor 4.
THEYRE ALL TOO BUSY FOR ZOOMING IN.
I just started purchasing scopes with the similar reticle MSR2, why, it has size and distance stadia to make easy determination on size & distance, & you can zoom in and it won't be too Busy.
That's my imput.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Hirus Reticles, but they're for Eztreme long Range shooting, which are mounted om my (Barett 50bmg, Savage Evolution Stealth 338 Lapua, Kivaari 338 Lapua, M14 .308/7.62, and last my custom .375 Cheytac).

ACC

Thanks!

Take a close look at the MSR2 reticle. You cannot hold wind past 1 mil with it. There are no .2 mil marks past 1 mil. This will annoy you when engaging targets at distance and the wind is moderate/high and your wind hold exceeds 1 mil. The SCR2 does not have this problem. If you want to use your DMR gun close up, mount and zero an offset red dot. That will cover you up close out to 200 yards. Keep your main optic at 6X and higher.

If you want a reticle more usable at low power that also has .2 mil marks past 1 mil, then go with the MK5HD 3.6-18x44 M5C3 FFP PR1-Mil. The MK5HD is half a pound lighter, 1.5" shorter, and is just as capable.

Last edited:
Take a close look at the MSR2 reticle. You cannot hold wind past 1 mil with it. There are no .2 mil marks past 1 mil. This will annoy you when engaging targets at distance and the wind is moderate/high and your wind hold exceeds 1 mil. The SCR2 does not have this problem. If you want to use your DMR gun close up, mount and zero an offset red dot. That will cover you up close out to 200 yards. Keep your main optic at 6X and higher.

If you want a reticle more usable at low power that also has .2 mil marks past 1 mil, then go with the MK5HD 3.6-18x44 M5C3 FFP PR1-Mil. The MK5HD is half a pound lighter, 1.5" shorter, and is just as capable.

You cannot hold wind past 1 mil?? Lol ok

Reticles seem to be a very personal preference thing, but I think It's like any other tool... decide how you'll use it most and get the best tool based off your use and preference

For example Paris is saying he can't hold wind past 1 mil which many people will say is absurd. But he isn't alone in wanting .2 hashed marks over the entire scope.

Some people say you can't hold over without all the tree being there and other people prefer the open space even when they have to hold on open air if holding is forced

You really need to decide for yourself as everyone is going to vote for their preferred method here.

I like cleaner spaces and dialing when possible, but there are merits to the Christmas tree... so now I have some of both. I also don't care for the .2 marks and like .5 and am OK with the newer .25 marks. As long as there are .5 marks its just seems very easy to me to visualize the .1/ .2/ .3/ .4 break down. Or you could view it as .125/ .250/ .375 if your brain / eye like that division system better.

It's all personal though