• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steiner T6Xi 5-30x56 arrives...

2112Rush

Private
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2023
RSM
Howdy all...

Just a quick personal shout out to this scope, will update after it's mounted/zeroed and used at the range. I didn't see many (enough) reviews about it yet out there (although there are some). I did find one excellent (but short) review as a comparison between it, the NF Atacr 5-25 and the Schmidt and Bender PMII 5-25 on Precision-rifle.com. These were the other two scopes I considered prior to purchase as well, found the review after I purchased the Steiner.

Just thought I'd add my own thoughts to the relatively shallow pool of info out there on this magnificent scope simply because I think it represents such a great value and comes very close to the "Gucci" gear from SB, ZCO, and NF and in some minor ways even surpasses on specs or features. Time will tell the full story with real life usage of course, but its rep so far is high up there.

Personal preferences and boxes checked for this scope are/were as follows (in no particular order):

• Made in USA
  • High-end proprietary German glass (more here), not as good as SM perhaps but splitting hairs otherwise
  • Reticle options (MSR2-mil and SCR2-mil), I chose SCR2-mil for this scope, likely will get the MSR2 on my next
  • Illuminated reticle (will hardly use it but nice to have it)
  • Flat black finish (as opposed to semi-gloss or other odd colors)
  • 34mm tube
  • 6x 5-30x range
  • Robust construction (not Atacr good, but close...military/police use grade good)
  • Overall fit and finish
  • Feel/sound of turret clicks
  • Accurate tracking
  • Locking ring on the diopter
  • Low profile turrets
  • 25 meter and up parallax adjustment
  • Wide f.o.v
  • Clever "Never-lost" elevation/windage turrets (windows start 1-10 auto-switch to 11 and up after second rotation)
  • Simple clean turret locking system (low profile rotation vs. pop-up/down design)
  • Included 3" sunshade, Tenebraex caps, and throw lever (roughly $125.00 of freebies normally not included)
  • Excellent reputation amongst owners and proven in Military/Police forces
  • High level bang for the buck factor
  • Slightly lighter than the SM PMII/Atacr at 34oz

I just felt that if you want better you're going to really have to pay quite a bit to inch out a bit more performance in any one of those items I listed. I bought this scope to mount on my 22" steel barrel Christensen Arms MPR 6.5 and plan on doing range and maybe some comp shooting in the future. I'm mounting it with the ARC M-Brace, may switch to a Spuhr unimount in the future, we'll see.

Overall I wanted to share the opinion that I think it's on an extremely short list of scopes to consider if you want the highest performance for the dollar without breaking the 3K or more barrier. So far it just seems like a simple, clean, no nonsense, well packaged scope that is easy to use and doesn't leaving you hanging on features or better yet, performance and durability. The freebies and warranty are icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your review. I put together two lighter-weight 80% hunting / 20% paper punchers this year. I looked briefly at Steiner’s offerings, but had my mind rather set on Burris XTR iii 3.3-18x50s for both, which is ultimately what I went with. Very happy with the current setups, but my next build will likely be a stouter target / LRH-type rig. Sounds like the T6Xi could be well suited. I’d be interested to hear your impressions once you’re mounted, zeroed, and have some rounds down range.

Reactions: 2112Rush
It's mounted and bore sighted already, and a range trip is planned in about two more weeks- maybe less. I'm very happy with the optics, ergonomics, unique and functional low profile turret design, total list of features, and especially the generous eyebox. I've been doing snap cap drills and I find the sight picture very quickly and consistently even at 30x. To me at least, that's a huge plus for an optic.

Considering the range of the scope and it's high end build quality, optics, etc. it seems surprisingly light too- it's no dainty scope mind you, but my entire build weighs 12.6lbs with a mag inserted and the bipod attached. I'll update this thread more soon as I'll have more to say, but so far I'm smitten with it and have very few minor suggestions for improvements in the design. I'm really glad I chose the Steiner. I'm sure I'd be happy with the other two scopes I mentioned as well, but there are some neat features with the Steiner that still edge them out.