• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner T6xi vs Meopta Optika6, both 5-30x56.

raydeon

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2023
California
I already have the Meopta optika6 5-30x56, got it for $900, now I'm wondering if the Steiner T6xi, also in 5-30x56, worth more than double the price?

Meopta is being transparent with their statement of 91% light transmission on their Optika6 but I can't find the same information with the Steiner's.

I don't hunt and it'll be used for long range target shooting only.

I want to hear from you pros 😁. Thx!

Last edited:
Reactions: propulsionclimbing
I have both, and am impressed with the Meopta for the price, have several actually. IMO, the best scope in it's price range, and as good or better than several that cost more. I haven't had them side by side at low light, probably should do that. Yes, I'd say the Steiner is better, but how much? I can't decide for you if it's worth the extra $$.

But the Meopta recently had a price increase up to $1250 retail, and if you get a .mil discount and know where to get it, the Steiner can be had for quite a bit less than $1800.

Reactions: raydeon and BCP
I have both, and am impressed with the Meopta for the price, have several actually. IMO, the best scope in it's price range, and as good or better than several that cost more. I haven't had them side by side at low light, probably should do that. Yes, I'd say the Steiner is better, but how much? I can't decide for you if it's worth the extra $$.

But the Meopta recently had a price increase up to $1250 retail, and if you get a .mil discount and know where to get it, the Steiner can be had for quite a bit less than $1800.
Yes sir I've done some homeworks on deciding on getting the Meopta. The retailer I got it fr probably didn't get the memo to increased the price so it was still 849+tax and free shipping 😁. I'm pretty sure the t6xi is better if not way better than the optika66 but just not sure if it's $1100 better

Can't speak about the Meopta, but I love my Steiner. Other scopes I've seen had a ton of light fall off and loss of sharpness at the highest magnification, but the T6xi is completely usable at 30x, with just a little fall off. Plus, the more I use the MSR2 reticle, the more I like it.

Reactions: raydeon
I love the Optika6 line for the cost and hit above cost. I just wish the turrets on the FFP model were shorter.
I don’t have that size but I do have a 3-18 optika6 and two T6xi’s. I remember comparing it to my 2.5-15 T6xi this deer season but I just got my 3-18 T6xi today so haven’t really compared them yet if it made a difference.

What I can say for the money the Optika6 is incredibly hard to beat and what I put on my hunting rifles and recommend to others now. But from just feel I would say the T6xi is a little more robust and it should be for the cost difference. Glass is extremely close I want to say the Steiner has the edge looking at them side by side but it’s hard to. The Optika6 just has some amazing glass imo for the cost not what you’d expect. Steiner is easier to get behind but nothing you’d notice without comparing and the Optika6 seem to have a little more of a tunnel look if that makes sense.

Reactions: raydeon and JS8588