• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steiner T6xi

M77

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2012
Australia
Did anybody check them out ?
Any details on mag range etc.
They look slick af

Interested to see what reticles they put in these.

It better otherwise Steiner might as well not put the product out with the competition that Vortex is putting out at a similar price point to the T series.

Reactions: lash and M77
What the chance an illuminated tx6i will be available before the xtr3i?

My hopes are that its tooless, has the MSR2 plus glass like the XTR Pro. Would be a home run depending on price.

Wtf are the links or pics Google is turning up nothing
Pics on Instagram is all I found, took me ages to find them as I think Instagram is a streaming pile of shit.

Google dark lord of optics Instagram.

Pics on Instagram is all I found, took me ages to find them as I think Instagram is a streaming pile of shit.

Google dark lord of optics Instagram.

Np. I don't have FB, ig, etc no worries

Np. I don't have FB, ig, etc no worries

Here ya go.

E43327EE-BCCC-49F3-A56E-07E941DDF6EF.jpeg

I like the porportions of the middle two scopes, they look nice which we all know is of utmost importance.
It's interesting Steiner went to a 56mm obj with the 3-18.

I'd like to see what production scopes look like, but the ones they had at the NRA show looked pretty good. If I were to make a guess, I'd say the the 5-30x56 design is related to the XTR Pro in terms of optical system. Very different turrets, of course and there may be other internal differences. They eyepiece had a very similar feel to me, which is a good thing. I fully expect it to be a nice step up from T5Xi. To be fair though, I really liked the 3-15x50 T5Xi and with the T6Xi, I am really itching to try the 2.5-15x50 and 3-18x56 models.

ILya

Here's a close up of the turret. My understanding is that it is the same turret as the T5 with locking feature added, not tool less zero.

Attachments

• A9F454DC-42E2-4236-B54A-E68EED9431CB.jpeg
    A9F454DC-42E2-4236-B54A-E68EED9431CB.jpeg
    418.3 KB · Views: 380
1-6x24
2.5-15x50
3-18x56
5-30x56
I'd like to know more about the 1-6x model. Hopefully it is better than the older T5x. I really love my P4x 1-4x. It could use some brighter glass on 4x though. Eye box is huge and I love the red dot.

Reactions: 308pirate
Might be interested in a 2.5-15 MSR2 depending on weight and cost.

Reactions: Bakwa
Here's a close up of the turret. My understanding is that it is the same turret as the T5 with locking feature added, not tool less zero.
I absolutely hate a turret cap that needs a hex to rezero unless it’s included in one of the caps.
Worse case make it a slot so that you can use a piece of brass or a coin to loosen it.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
I absolutely hate a turret cap that needs a hex to rezero unless it’s included in one of the caps.
Worse case make it a slot so that you can use a piece of brass or a coin to loosen it.
I keep the allen key in my stock pack. I would prefer it to the nickel slot that always ends up getting bugered, but I also prefer tool less.

Reactions: lash
They look good will be interesting to see how they compare to their peers and also their M7. Hopefully we see a thorough review in the coming months from Ilya.

It's interesting Steiner went to a 56mm obj with the 3-18.
They understand the importance of a large exit pupil, and so do I. Not only does it help image brightness at max magnification, it also contributes to make the scope easy to get behind.

I have a Steiner 4-16X56 and would really rather not downgrade to a 50 mm objective.

I'm hoping it causes some 4-16x56 PX4i's to hit the classifieds, I can't find one to save my life. May just have to go with a 3-18x56 T6xi when they come out.

I think the Bushnell LRHS/LRTS, Bushnell DMRII, Athlon Ares BTR, Vortex Viper PSTII, and XTRII are equal to or better than the PX4i. The TX6 should be in another league, the TX5 was.

Sorry I'm a little late to the party. I should try to get onto these things earlier. Here is a config table of the various high mag T6Xi scopes and their associated reticles. Regarding questions related to optical system performance compared to T5Xi, the T6Xi uses a completely different optical system. The 6x zoom system used the the T6 outperforms the old 5x system across the board, especially in chromatic aberration reduction. The 56mm obj system was chosen for the 3-18x to maximize exit pupil diameter and improve low light performance for LEO/TAC applications. This was objectively (no pun intended) based on experience with using both the 50mm and 56mm obj systems on the 6x system. Of course, there is a slight tradeoff with weight between the 50mm and 56mm. Tracking (Click Value, Backlash, Drift, and Shift) is 100% inspected on all T6Xi's on a fixed 100yd target board.

Hit me up with any questions and I'll do my best to answer what I can!

Attachments

• 2022-09-07 10_23_01-T6Xi High Mag Knob Configuration Table 2021-12-13.xlsx - Excel.png
    2022-09-07 10_23_01-T6Xi High Mag Knob Configuration Table 2021-12-13.xlsx - Excel.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 676
Sorry I'm a little late to the party. I should try to get onto these things earlier. Here is a config table of the various high mag T6Xi scopes and their associated reticles. Regarding questions related to optical system performance compared to T5Xi, the T6Xi uses a completely different optical system. The 6x zoom system used the the T6 outperforms the old 5x system across the board, especially in chromatic aberration reduction. The 56mm obj system was chosen for the 3-18x to maximize exit pupil diameter and improve low light performance for LEO/TAC applications. This was objectively (no pun intended) based on experience with using both the 50mm and 56mm obj systems on the 6x system. Of course, there is a slight tradeoff with weight between the 50mm and 56mm. Tracking (Click Value, Backlash, Drift, and Shift) is 100% inspected on all T6Xi's on a fixed 100yd target board.

Hit me up with any questions and I'll do my best to answer what I can!
I am interested to hear more about the 1-6x model. I will definitely look at the 3-18 model as well though