• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner Turret Question

Femadog

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2012
West Slope, CO
I just got a new Steiner 5x25 with the MSR reticle. Shot it this morning to get it zero'd in and like the scope a lot. I really like the MSR set up and the way the turret jumps up to show a new scale on the second revolution.

My 168 Amax handload ended up with zero windage out of the box and 41 clicks up from the factory set zero. I have read and re-read the manual but I can't see any way to adjust the turret scale so that zero on the turret is zero with this load. Loosening the turret head only seems to allow you to get below the factory zero if you need more range.

Hopefully the question makes sense. Not a big deal to have clicks from zero for all distances but having the gun set up for 0/0 at 100 yards is convenient.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Steve

It looks that way. I might have to go back to the range to see if it is actually the case. Dumb me waiting to get back in a warm place to try it. I had it in a gun vice focused on a spot on the wall so I could see if the reticle moved but it was close enough that maybe I couldn't see it well enough. I'll go back to the range tomorrow and see if it changed.

Last edited:
All you need to do is loosen the set screws around the turret, dial it back down to "0", and tighten the set screws. Don't lift the cap off the turret, just loosen the screws a turn or two.

Geb

To go down, loosen set screws, turn 180 degrees. Tighten set screws. Adjust down. Loosen set screws, turn to Zero tighten. It's a mechanical zero 2 tenths below zero. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I think I got it figured put. It was different from how it felt with the Nightforce. Thanks. Other than that lovin the scope.

Back from the range. Set the scope to 41 clicks, loosed the 2 screws 1/2 turn, turned the dial to zero and tightened the screws. Good to go. Just like my Nightforce (duh!)

It does feel like the reticle is moving (resistance) but it's not. Also, the directions talk about pulling up on the turret to a white line. No line that I can tell and the turret doesn't seem to move up at all (unless you pull it all the way off.) Maybe the directions need to be updated.

Really liking the scope. Nice and clear, really like the changing scale on the second rotation. No counting full turns any more. Just turn to the number of clicks.

Sorry for being such a newby on the zero adjustment.

Steve