• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner Zero Stop

Lucky Se7en

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2014
RI
I was finally able to get out to the range to sight in my new Steiner Military 4-16x50 scope on Saturday, I had the rifle shooting very tight groups at 100 yards fairly quickly & was very pleased with the scope. That night I went home & tried setting the scope to zero & making use of the zero stop. I had never set a zero stop before so I wanted to try it at my house where I could pull up videos from youtube and have have all the literature I could at my finger tips in case something went wrong. As I was trying to zero the scope I ended up taking the top cap off right before I read that I shouldn't do it. Just as the instructions predicted, I was only able to rotate the turret 1 full revolution when I put it back on. After reading the directions & trying to rotate the Rotation Indicator Actuator counterclockwise I was not able to successfully fix the scope. The directions never say how to rotate the Rotation Indicator Actuator, as far as I can tell it either doesn't rotate or it is seated in there very securely & the only way it could possibly be rotated with getting damaged is with the cap on. After trying many different ways to rotate it, the end result is my turret only capable of rotating 5 clicks & the rifle shooting multiple feet above the target. Can anyone help me out with my issue or shed some light on how the scope functions? I was reading another thread on this topic but the inner components of the turret seem to have slightly changed since then so I feel like it is worthy of a new thread.

Thanks,
Sam

...here is the link to the manual
http://www.steiner-scopes.com/pdf/Steiner-3x12-56mm-users-guide.pdf

I'm assuming the second revolution indicator is out.

Remove the turret cap
Inside the cap you'll see a pin. That pin is the zero stop pin.

The pin actuates a brass colored crescent shaped pin that rotates

You need to rotate the pin roughly 180 degrees to get the second revolution pin to retract into the turret housing

Then you can reset the zero stop and the turret should operate as normal

Thanks, I was able to call Steiner today & get it straightened out. When I was reading the directions I took it as the crescent shaped piece rotating about the circumference of the turret when in reality it flips around while being seated in the same place. As for the problems with adjustment afterward, I was able to restore the scope to the factory position by taking a coin & sticking it in the 2 slots of the stainless steel piece & rotating it fully counterclockwise.