• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steroid injections for neck injury.

desertrat1979

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2006
Southern NV
Well I am day one after the steroid injections to treat 2 herniated disks in at the C4-5 and C5-6. Sedated and done under X-ray, don't remember a damn thing. So, the first thing is an ever so slight headache that radiated up the back of my neck. The occasional ache and pain, injection site is a little sore. But, none of the pain that I was getting from the injured disks.

Anyone been through this? If so, did you get the same after-effects that I described and how long did it last?

Re: Steroid injections for neck injury.

I did, a couple of years ago, I think it was C5-6 for me. The next morning when I woke up my neck was sore and felt kinda swollen, no headache. I still had pain from the herniated disc, though not as bad. That pain went away after a few days. After the injection (hydrocortizone) physical therapy really took off. I'm good as new now.

I never got any sedation for mine, its a special kind of pain feeling the needle slide between your vertebrae.