• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steve from Connecticut

101st

SEND IT
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2022
    Connecticut
    Hi guys, Steve from Connecticut here. Just retired and am getting back into shooting. I've been lurking here now and then and decided this is a great forum. Decided to stop lurking and join.

Reactions: Dough300
    You retired in CT?

hoc_but_why.gif

Outside of the soft shell crab that place has no saving graces, probably be the first state to fail if the gov allowed such a thing

You retired now GET OUT!!! LOL I did. But do miss Lenny and Joe's.

Born and raised in Connecticut. Always lived on the shoreline, which is beautiful. Ofcourse as far as the states politics go, it's quite the liberal paradise which can be challenging now and then.

I have to add that we do plan on traveling and staying in other states during the winter months. Really do need a break from this place. 95 north and south is a moving gridlock.

Are you serious. We live less than a mile from Lenny and Joe's. We love that place. Just had a seafood platter the other night.
    Are you familiar with the New Haven Sportsmans Club? I joined there a couple years ago. It's got an amazing new indoor range and the outdoor ranges are real nice and very well maintained. Love that place.

Are you serious. We live less than a mile from Lenny and Joe's. We love that place. Just had a seafood platter the other night.
    I’m jealous.

I was born and raised in CT too up in Waterford and lived and worked in Groton until retirement but the state is not what it used to be. Well worth leaving for taxes and gun laws. Not to mention 95. When driving up to visit usually no traffic until we go over the CT border and then a mess.

I’m jealous.

I was born and raised in CT too up in Waterford and lived and worked in Groton until retirement but the state is not what it used to be. Well worth leaving for taxes and gun laws. Not to mention 95. When driving up to visit usually no traffic until we go over the CT border and then a mess.
    Interesting, I was born and raised in Niantic. Worked for the state for 31 years. Sold my house in Niantic and downsized to a more affordable place in Clinton. Still live on the water though. Can't seem to get away from the ocean 😄. Actually just back from the beach.
    We will be probably be spending lots of upcoming winters down south somewhere. Also want to travel and spend some time out west, probably New Mexico.
    Where are you located and do you like it?

Interesting, I was born and raised in Niantic. Worked for the state for 31 years. Sold my house in Niantic and downsized to a more affordable place in Clinton. Still live on the water though. Can't seem to get away from the ocean 😄. Actually just back from the beach.
    We will be probably be spending lots of upcoming winters down south somewhere. Also want to travel and spend some time out west, probably New Mexico.
    Where are you located and do you like it?
    Depending on your age we might know some of the same people if you were a East Lyme Viking. Knew a few people from there and a few who went to St Bernards.

Down in NC. Not near the shore but it's not far. Actually was just down at Holden Beach for a few days this week. Lots of NC/SC shore adjacent which will be chapper than CT. Makes that retirement money go farther but if you worked for the state you have a pretty good one. My mother was an assistant director in the state school system and has a great retirement.

Depending on your age we might know some of the same people if you were a East Lyme Viking. Knew a few people from there and a few who went to St Bernards.

Down in NC. Not near the shore but it's not far. Actually was just down at Holden Beach for a few days this week. Lots of NC/SC shore adjacent which will be chapper than CT. Makes that retirement money go farther but if you worked for the state you have a pretty good one. My mother was an assistant director in the state school system and has a great retirement.
    That's sure a possibility. I would have graduated with the class of 76. I didn't go that route though and wound up in the Army. Ended up with a degree from Thee Rivers Committee College later on.

That's sure a possibility. I would have graduated with the class of 76. I didn't go that route though and wound up in the Army. Ended up with a degree from Thee Rivers Committee College later on.

You are a few years older than I am so no overlap there. Still hung on the same turf though. LOL