• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stevens 200 can be a shooter!!!!

corsicacoatings

Private
Minuteman
I promised picture of the Stevens 200 that I put together as a suppressed short range sniper toy.

The gun was completely torn down, trued and sandblasted before Duracoat was applied. I polished the bolt and tweaked the trigger to about 4lbs., cut the barrel to 17" and threaded for 1/2"x28 tpi and installed the TAC 16 can. Total investment not counting scope, can and my time...<$400.

It will shoot at or under MOA at 100 yds with most anything I feed it including Wolf crap. With the can installed shooting 80gr VMax seated backwards over a bit of Trail Boss, it is pretty damn quiet and will hold 2" groups (ear size) at 100 yds. Past that they begin to twist and wiggle around and leave long thin holes in the target.

The bottom gun is a TC Silver Lynx with a TAC 65 and it shoots Aguila SE subs into 1/2" to 5/8" at 50 yds and all you hear is bolt slap and impact. The TC is the most accurate semi out of the box I have ever seen and is significantly more reliable than 10/22's or 597's with suppressors attached. I can routinely hit 6" steel at 200 yds with it which is great fun to hear almost nothing and then a second or so later, hear the steel ring.

DSC06043.jpg
DSC06044.jpg
DSC06049.jpg

Re: Stevens 200 can be a shooter!!!!

How much was that suppressor and what caliber is it? You should fix that scope ring situation.

Ferret,

I shoot at Delmarva Sportsmans Asso.,Sudlersville, MD. If you join the Ft Meade Rifle Club you can shoot at the ranges on the South side of Rt 32 near Tipton.
\
Parkincense,

TAC 16 runs around $450. The Stevens is a .223. Not sure what you mean by the scope ring situation.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: corsica coatings</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you join the Ft Meade Rifle Club you can shoot at the ranges on the South side of Rt 32 near Tipton.
</div></div>

No, actually, I can't.

Nobody can. The ranges are now reserved for the Meade Police, NSA Police, and several other federal/state LEO agencies and no longer open to the public. Joining the Meade Rod/Gun Club only begets discounted membership in other area clubs like AGI up in Baltimore.

I've shot at DelMarVa a few times. If it weren't for the drive, I'd hit it up more often.

Sorry.....life must have changed since I retired I guess. That is a shame since there are some really nice ranges there. I suspect it is due to liability issues and lack of balls on the part of those involved in their control. I have some customers from the Fort, so if you get on this side of the Bay give a hollar and stop by.

Joe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: corsica coatings</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry.....life must have changed since I retired I guess. That is a shame since there are some really nice ranges there. I suspect it is due to liability issues and lack of balls on the part of those involved in their control.</div></div>

Indeed things have changed, and not for the better. The ranges out there really are superb; such a shame to see them used so little--especially the LR rifle range. A lot of it seems to be liability with "all the UXO" on the range...whatever that's supposed to mean.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have some customers from the Fort, so if you get on this side of the Bay give a hollar and stop by.</div></div>

Will do. Great work on that Stevens. Might have to come jaw with you a bit about cans.
grin.gif