• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stevens 200 dried up?

SpookyPistolero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
I'm trying to drum up a local Stevens 200 223 for a cheapskate build, but have had no success. Locally, we have a Dicks, Sportsman's Warehouse, and Buds Gunshop. Not to mention several smaller shops. But nary a one! So am I late to the party and these have already dried up? Not sure what's next in line for a cheap build, since I don't know another make where I can change the barrel myself.

Always a day late and a dollar short! Sad. Well, the Savage 11 Hunter XP looks to be more readily available and still cheap. Any idea if the barrel can be changed by the user?

Always a day late and a dollar short! Sad. Well, the Savage 11 Hunter XP looks to be more readily available and still cheap. Any idea if the barrel can be changed by the user?

Yes, you can swap barrels although the 11 Hunter XP has a smooth barrel nut, so plan on replacing that with a notched nut.