• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Steyr Action/ New Stock

macman2564

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Enterprise, AL
Ok, just to clarify I don't know jack about gunsmithing, really. So, having said that, I have a few questions.

Could I have a gunsmith take a Steyr SSG04 barreled action and put it in a say MCM A5 or something, with different bottom metal, like a badger M5 or something like that?? Just used those for reference open to suggestions if there is something better suited for this situation.

It has the rotary safety that kinda comes down the grip a ways. So could they just do like some EXTRA EXTRA inletting to get it all lined up or what???

Love the action and trigger system but absolutely despise the crappy stock and mag system. The McMillan one for the SBS Dick Davis told me about in the "Snipers Hide Rifles" section looks damn near the same so........

Thanks for any input and please feel free to laugh at my expense if this is a ridiculous question!!
laugh.gif

Re: Steyr Action/ New Stock

Our SBS stock is just an adjustable A-3 that has been highly modified for the SBS action. Won't fit into any of the other "A" series stocks.