• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steyr AUG

Lucky Se7en

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2014
RI
I'm looking forward to my next purchase which I'd like to get a 5.56/.223 for medium to short range shooting & naturally the first thing I started thinking about is some of the lighter AR-15 configurations. The more I look around the more I like the AUG A3 so I was surprised to not find many discussions about it here. It seems like its configuration does a good job minimizing the "top heaviness" of the gun which would theoretically make it more comfortable to shoot standing up & to be honest it's not as expensive as I thought it would be. I have read that the trigger is less than desirable but the only major concern I have about getting this gun is how comfortable it would be for someone with a larger frame shooting it. There doesn't seem to be much adjust-ability for this built into the gun & a height of 6'-6" might be pushing it. Do you guys have any thoughts on this gun?

There are some sear that can be used on the AUG that Rat Worx makes that are supposed to improve the trigger. There is also a trigger pack that replaces the AUG pack. I don't have either so I cannot attest to their working or not.

I'm 6'4" and my AUG fits me fine.

I am 5'9" and not a big person. I can shoot ~1moa from sand bag @100yd all day long. It is hard to set up w sand bag because if the mag is sitting in the back. I put a sheet of AL from soda can on the sear to reduce the trigger pull. Also, you can get trigger tammer to further reduce the trigger pull. I would recommend pete athans. He also have trigger tammer for $50.