• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Steyr Mannlicher SSG 69 P1 and P11 - 20 MOA rails

Carcajou

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2010
Canada
About one year ago, I read here on Sniper's Hide that the Steyr SSG 69 rifle most likely had inclined mount rails machined on the receiver but, of course, I lost track of the thread and I can't remember the name of the member who had written it. Still, that assertion has puzzled me ever since.

So, for the last few months, I have been studying my SSG P11 receiver from all sides and angles and, finally, I have decided to write to the good people at Steyr Mannlicher in Austria to make sure that I was not hallucinating.

Here is the email (verbatim) that I received today from Mr Oliver Bauer - I thought that it could be useful to other members:

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email and for being a STEYR MANNLICHER customer.
Yes, you are absolutely right - the SSG 69 P1 and P11 have 20 MOA rails.
There are also pure civilian versions with 0 MOA rails (called the SSG 69 MATCH).

Best regards,

Oliver Bauer
Sales Manager

---------------------

STEYR MANNLICHER GmbH
Ramingtal 46
A-4442 Kleinraming
Austria"

Maybe it is old news for many members but for me, it is good news - and I wasn't hallucinating. I know that there are after market 20 MOA rails available for the SSG 69 rifle (US Optics comes to mind) and those rails can give more options for the positioning of the scope on the rifle - more play back and forth and maybe more clearance for the scope's objective.

Still, the SSG 69 has its own 20 MOA rails on the receiver - good to know.

Carcajou