• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Steyr SSG 69 PIIK - videoscoping

Re: Steyr SSG 69 PIIK - videoscoping

Just me but it sure seems like it would be difficult to shoot well with such a awkward setup.

Neato. Have you done this before? How well does it work?

Hmm....

Be neat to watch some long range shots make thier hits!

I originally did this to take better pics thru the scope. You all have done this, setup the rifle, put the camera to the ocular piece, and move around and around to find that sweet spot.

and I'd end up with pics like these:
burro002%20008.JPG

burro002%20109.JPG

I really like my reticle, and it's a lot of fun spotting my friends' shots thru it.

and it eventually lead to this:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x4cD5QDRLF4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x4cD5QDRLF4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Then I thought... how about I do the shooting?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gs_iMDiWWb4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gs_iMDiWWb4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Now, I don't think my scope likes the weight of the camera during recoil, so I doubt I'll do this often. But thought it was fun.

That looks cool man, post directions how you dyi'ed it if you could. Won't the vibration kill the camera? Looks like it's not a cheap one you put there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ho Chung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now, I don't think my scope likes the weight of the camera during recoil, so I doubt I'll do this often. But thought it was fun. </div></div>

how do you think your camera likes the shock of the recoil?

I am sure the camera hates the kick. I was more concerned with the scope. LOL Now that I think of it, I think it was affected. The next day, the camera's LCD display was acting up. I had to turn off and on a couple of times. Now it's working fine again.

The camera is a Sony DSC-W300:

3344533290_22e61f5972.jpg

with the Sony VAD-WF Lens/Filter Adapter:

573115.jpg

and used an assortment of paper tubing between the lens adapter and the ocular piece.

All covered in super tactical black tape.

on my last range session, I was shooting at paper @200 yards. my scope is only a 6x42, so I could barely see the "holes" in the shoot-n-C targets. So I snapped a pic of the target thru the scope:

DSC04093.JPG

then zoomed in on the LCD display on the camera:

DSC04093Z.JPG

there they were.

Sounds like a million person shooting gallery in the background! What's going on ? A match or just regular shooting?

BTW - very cool camera mod.

Or maybe try it on a low-recoil rifle like .223 or some suppressed subsonic round.

Thats just the local range for every idiot with a gun to go to. Its not that bad when its not crowded..

Not meaning to jack the thread but I think this falls right in line with this!

the maker of the varible ganrty mount had a set-up similar to this. His used a camera with a flip out screen. He added it to a gantry mount with a windage adjustable mount. After mount you could shoot just like the pic shows or you could turn the screen over and do the oakly annie over the shoulder shot, or turn the screen to where your look at the side of the rifle so you could shot around corner while staying behide cover. It is a really neat set-up. He done them for disabled children and donated a bunch of them. It makes it easy for them to enjoy shooting when they can't get behide the rifle just watch the screen center up and fire.

Here's a video:
http://vgmount.com/video-mount-gun-sight/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just me but it sure seems like it would be difficult to shoot well with such a awkward setup. </div></div>

Watch the videos. They speak for themselves

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or maybe try it on a low-recoil rifle like .223 or some suppressed subsonic round. </div></div>

Sure, but then I would have gone too far. I enjoy my SSG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a million person shooting gallery in the background! What's going on ? A match or just regular shooting?

BTW - very cool camera mod. </div></div>
Angeles Shooting Range in Southern California. It's a very crowded range. Especially on Sundays.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats just the local range for every idiot with a gun to go to. Its not that bad when its not crowded.. </div></div>

You should stop hanging out at the pistol range.

Brilliant Idea!!!

I love it!

Will consider buying something similar for my next range trip
smile.gif

Its crap like this that lead to some simple Joe becoming a multi millionaire .

Great job , and waiting to see " Patent Pending " ............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the Kahles ZFM, I need to get one.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

indeed. JUST DO IT!

the most common reticle is this one:

SSG002%20001.JPG

and you'll find them here and there. But you really want this one:

SSG003%20010.JPG

smile.gif

Ive done this before! Sort of lol

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MgkLFFmXQXY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MgkLFFmXQXY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its crap like this that lead to some simple Joe becoming a multi millionaire .

Great job , and waiting to see " Patent Pending " ............</div></div>

Exactly! I think you're well on the way to the "next generation" of rifle scopes here.

All you need to do then is automate target acquisition, windage/elevation adjustments/offsets and the trigger pull and hey....no need for the shooter!

Real life video game "shoot-em-ups"!

Fellas once this laser wind reading technology becomes mainstream stuff, its only a matter of time until someone makes an all in one unit that either gives readouts on the fly, or makes the adjustments for you.

But thats when it just becomes less of a challenge.

At least handloaders will still have to do their hard yards
smile.gif

Ive been looking around for digital cams that have similar accessories and all i can seem to find is this model...

Anyone know of any other units that have these sorts of adapters available?

It's cool that you all find my setup interesting. It's a very simple and cheap setup. Just get whatever lightweight camera you may have, figure out a way to tape it up to your scope. Use some PVC or paper tube to maintain a steady "eye-relief" and you are set.

Then come back and share your range moments.

The next interesting move could be to remove the Infra Red filter inside the digital camera lense and with an IR light source hey presto night vision .

here's another one from last weekend.

Can someone tell me how to manage recoil? LOL

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbFYOd-3uM0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbFYOd-3uM0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

im so going to try this after deer season and try and get a coyote kill on film like this. Very cool idea