• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steyr SSG scope rings

gadbmw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2008
Rifle Colorado
Although I live in a rural area, a local gun dealer and gun smith have both told me that the only rings that I can get are the factory 1 inch rings I currently have. They both said the mounting system is "special". Any help on 30mm rings for they gun would be appreciated. The gunsmith wanted to drill-tap-install a picatiny (sp) rail.... good idea???

Re: Steyr SSG scope rings

Your local gun shop is wrong. At least if we are talking about an SSG 69. I have an SSG 69 PII and I have a set of factory Steyr 30mm rings on the rifle right now with a Nightforce 3.5-15X50mm mounted. I really like the combination too by the way.

I have no opinion on mounting a rail, but it seems rather unnecessary given that 30mm rings do exist for the SSG 69. Failing the factory 30mm rings, Talley makes a set and they charge around $170.00 for them.

Good luck!

I also have factory Steyr 30 mm scope rings for my SSG PII. Can you get factory 34 mm scope rings for the SSG? Thanks,

A friend just put a uso 20moa base on his ssg 69 and it is working out well for him.You will have to have your gun smith tap the receiver to put the base on the gun.