• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steyr SSG69 PIV Loads

dips123

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2014
Hi Guys,

Need some help. I am trying to develop a load for my 16" barrel SSG69 PIV. Its a 1:10 twist rate and I have tried 150 & 155gr projectiles which are only shooting 1-2 moa with Varget.

Was wondering if anyone had any good loads for the PIV they had worked up to save me some time and money going through a heap of projectiles. Being 1:10 twist rate I am assuming I will need a heavier bullet say a 175gr SMK or similar. Pretty much just use it for hunting.

I am running a Swaro Z5 3-18x44 with BT and plex reticle.

Any loads you guys have would be much appreciated :D

Dips

1-2 MOA from hand loads is pretty wide. Check your equipment and make sure your rings and base is on tight. Even with some "bad" loads, you should be able to do a bit better than what you are seeing. You don't necessarily need heavy bullets with a 1-10. That twist can handle just about anything you want to throw through it. I don't have a STeyr, so I don't have a proven load for you. I wouldn't give up on the 155s until you are sure they won't work. I shoot 155s pretty much exclusively now through my 308

Do you have any 10X powder? I stumbled on a load for my P4 that shoots 1/2 to 5/8 with 10X and 155 amax.
I'll get you the load after church if you would like it.

Did you get an aluminum BM yet???

Trilogymac