• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns STI VS. Atlasgunworks

EliMcBee

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2019
Is the Atlas twice the gun as the price suggests? I ordered a STI Staccato C2 Duo a few months ago but am thinking I really want a Atlas NYX 3.5.

I shot STI Edge for a while in USPSA and upgraded to a steel grip custom gun. It really tamed major power factor and let me be a little less focused on my grip and still get good hits at speed. Custom gun smoothness and fit will last much longer if you're planning to shoot high round count 100K over the life of the gun. Worth twice the cost? I think it's more the pleasure of shooting/owning a custom gun was enough to push me over the edge. It made me a better competitor too.

Atlas is nicer. Twice as nice? Probably not, but you get a gun built to your exact specs.

I have Akai, Atlas, and STIs. I love my STIs, but they do not make a competition gun exactly how I would like it.

STI is "factory" built where Atlas is one off. You will find similar differences in STI vs SVI (Infiity). STI guns are nice but in custom builds like Atlas or SVI you will more attention to detail on fit and finish. Both will work just fine in competition.

Rarely will you find that something that costs twice as much is twice as nice, law of diminishing returns.

Atlas is noticeably nicer, but its worth trying out a couple and deciding for yourself. if the STI fits and is tuned to do what you are doing with it then you just saved 2-3K it really is a smallish difference for 2x the money.

UNLESS that means something to you. 10% faster lockup or 15% less felt recoil ect....