• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stick a fork in Marlin.

Re: Stick a fork in Marlin.

The story was that they were trying to move to a more "gun friendly" state. But the industry wags aren't buying it.

Cerberus Capital cares only about the bottom line. Period. Look at what happened to Remington. I know many here worship Big Green and they can say what ever they want, but my own personal experience, the experience of friends who've bought new Remington products lately, and the comments from gunshop owners (three different shops, to be specific) who sell them point to a growing trend toward spotty QA and iffy customer service. They have been squeezed in a vice to drain every last dollar. Production increases and customer service cost reductions demanded by Cerberus' requirements for the bottom line are making a once great American company into a cautionary tale. Why should their treatment of Marlin be any different?

The almighty dollar rules and your birthright as an American is being sold to the lowest bidder. Welcome to globalization.
laugh.gif

more jobs lost for America...sad the way its going.

Did anybody read the "UPDATE" to the article? Here is the quote from Snow...the author:

"UPDATE: I just spoke with some officials from The Freedom Group about the fate of Marlin and they told me that while the North Haven, Connecticut, plant is going to be shut down, they will continue to produce Marlin guns in the future.

Where that's going to happen is still up in the air. I asked whether production will continue in the U.S. and was told that all options were on the table. That said, the company official told me they were going to retain the existing plant's tooling and would give the to-be-laid-off employees the opportunity to apply for work at the new facility, wherever that might be.

The company says what it is certain about is the desire to keep producing Marlins and invest in the brand with no reduction in the variety of lever guns, bolt guns and rimfires.

The timeline for the closing of the existing plant won't be set until a new location for Marlin is identified."

Now...believe it or not...that is your decision, but it doesn't sound like anything has "closed" yet.

I contacted the WYO Secretary of State to get Marlin moved here. He's going to contact the business council...