• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stick it to Amazon and Jeff Bezos

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Noone but lawyers will get rich off this....

But finally someone is going after Amazon for virtually destroying millions of businesses with what amounts to anti-trust activities. They have welcomed Covid because it lets them destroy competition worse than Wal-Mart ever could. Their goal is to become the crony-capitalism supplier of everything you need to live. Or not. If your social justice score does not measure up. Bezos wishes to enslave you. If you aren't as woke as he is.

Probably won't get you anything. But the more folks who stick one in the eye of woke commie Kamerad Jeff Bezos and his Kalorama estate built next door to Shadow Prez Obummer... the better. And who knows. Might turn into something good!

Sirhr

It’s the poisonous political decisions that destroyed society last year, the large corporations are only capitalizing on the bullshit.

Who do you think lobbies/campaign funds those politicians?

R
All of the large corporations. But at least they also provide valuable goods/services to us. The politicians are just leaches that are destroying businesses and lives

What I’m actually trying to say is that both the large businesses and the politicians are to blame, in tandem, for what’s happened over the last year.

What I’m actually trying to say is that both the large businesses and the politicians are to blame, in tandem, for what’s happened over the last year.
I get it.
On YouTube you can see one of the Walton kid's super yacht.
Took a lot of mom and pop stores getting shit on to buy that.
I'm pretty sure I know who set laws/policy that made that happen.

R

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I get it.
On YouTube you can see one of the Walton kid's super yacht.
Took a lot of mom and pop stores getting shit on to buy that.
I'm pretty sure I know who set laws/policy that made that happen.

R
I don’t really blame huge companies for lobbying for all the regulations, at the end of the day they’re trying to stay in business also. It’s the politicians ultimately that pass this bullshit that keep people poor and stop competition in the market. And they’re doing this shit for votes and to gain power

I don’t really blame huge companies for lobbying for all the regulations, at the end of the day they’re trying to stay in business also. It’s the politicians ultimately that pass this bullshit that keep people poor and stop competition in the market. And they’re doing this shit for votes and to gain power
Better check their stance on your rights before you give any a pass.

R

I know Amazon is the Devil's child, but you do realize that not everything you buy comes from the Amazon warehouse. There are many small companies that sell using their marketplace. These folks are feeding the average employee and helping with the American Dream. Just a thought!

Reactions: kortik and The D
I know Amazon is the Devil's child, but you do realize that not everything you buy comes from the Amazon warehouse. There are many small companies that sell using their marketplace. These folks are feeding the average employee and helping with the American Dream. Just a thought!
Yeah, for all the devious shit Amazon does they have also made many millionaires with their affiliate programs and all the other services they offer to sellers

Amazon is an outgrowth of lousy policy where we charged local business to collect sales tax but not e-commerce companies selling outside of their state.

Local businesses could afford to trim their margins but they could not afford to eat the sales tax while Amazon was more than willing to eat the cost of shipping.

I would have preferred zero sales tax everywhere since private transactions are none of the governments business but instead we now collect sale tax everywhere. It took just long enough that large e-commerce became behemoths and small business was either selling with them or dead.

Big box retail survived it because they had a scale advantage and were able to retain customers with immediate needs while shucking off some margin to remain competitively priced.

And now it’s ‘fair’ except it really is not because small e-commerce business which developed out of the previous set of laws have lost their competitive advantage so they have moved to increase sales by joining the large platforms.

I don’t see Amazon as the proper recipient of the blame, rather we should have been looking a lot closer at tax laws rather than just enjoying it while it lasted.

Reactions: The D
Everyone should have a Prime membership. You get access to millions of great products that arrive directly to your doorstep. With the acquisition of Whole Foods you'll never have to make the perilous journey to the grocery store again.

Also, if you are interested for the best free market solution to host your website, AWS is the premier cloud computing portfolio that currently exists.

Sincerely,
An Amazon Investor

Amazon is an outgrowth of lousy policy where we charged local business to collect sales tax but not e-commerce companies selling outside of their state.

Local businesses could afford to trim their margins but they could not afford to eat the sales tax while Amazon was more than willing to eat the cost of shipping.

I would have preferred zero sales tax everywhere since private transactions are none of the governments business but instead we now collect sale tax everywhere. It took just long enough that large e-commerce became behemoths and small business was either selling with them or dead.

Big box retail survived it because they had a scale advantage and were able to retain customers with immediate needs while shucking off some margin to remain competitively priced.

And now it’s ‘fair’ except it really is not because small e-commerce business which developed out of the previous set of laws have lost their competitive advantage so they have moved to increase sales by joining the large platforms.

I don’t see Amazon as the proper recipient of the blame, rather we should have been looking a lot closer at tax laws rather than just enjoying it while it lasted.
And... That's why I live in a state without sales tax.

If only they'd go back to only allowing property owners to vote, we'd be getting something for our sky high property taxes other than idiot renters that don't understand why their rent keeps raising everytime they vote for a tax increase.

I'll take the other taxes to only need a $1 bill to buy a .99 item though.

Reactions: Kein Mitleid
I have no problem with every citizen of legal age voting, but I think our politicians should be required to explain reasonably foreseeable secondary and tertiary effects of policy propositions. Lay it out plainly and let the people decide. These folks are supposedly our representation and yet they do not behave as such.

Legal and financial representation are required to provide the full view and yet political representation is allowed to bend the truth to suit whatever they want to pitch.

If they don’t know or can’t reasonably foresee the outcome of a given policy then they should not be pitching it.

Now... Amazon (Bezos) can stream propaganda straight into your living room where your children can watch it.

Amazon (AMZN) is investing even more heavily in growing its position in the entertainment world. The company announced Wednesday that it made a deal to acquire MGM, the home of James Bond and one of the most iconic movie studios in Hollywood.
The deal, which is valued at $8.45 billion, gives Amazon an extensive library of film and TV shows that it can use to fill out its Prime Video content coffers. MGM has a catalog with more than 4,000 films and 17,000 TV shows, according to Mike Hopkins, who heads Prime Video and Amazon Studios.

Everyone should have a Prime membership. You get access to millions of great products that arrive directly to your doorstep. With the acquisition of Whole Foods you'll never have to make the perilous journey to the grocery store again.

Also, if you are interested for the best free market solution to host your website, AWS is the premier cloud computing portfolio that currently exists.

Sincerely,
An Amazon Investor

Amazon and free market in the same sentence?

LOL

It’s the poisonous political decisions that destroyed society last year, the large corporations are only capitalizing on the bullshit.
True, but what ultimately dictates those political decisions? Perhaps the undue corporate influence of people like Bezos and/or the entities they control?

Breaking news!

Amazon is now the premier movie destination on the planet. Enjoy hours and hours of exclusive MGM entertainment with a Prime membership. Your subscription will help us produce movies and TV shows catered specifically for you*!

*based on your purchasing history, viewing history, geolocation history, browsing history, and anything else. Must accept privacy policy to sign up. Next day delivery of monitoring implant included.

Reactions: FWoo45 and lash
Breaking news!

Amazon is now the premier movie destination on the planet. Enjoy hours and hours of exclusive MGM entertainment with a Prime membership. Your subscription will help us produce movies and TV shows catered specifically for you*!

*based on your purchasing history, viewing history, geolocation history, browsing history, and anything else. Must accept privacy policy to sign up. Next day delivery of monitoring implant included.
Going to be a rude awakening for all those folks living in Mom's or Grandma's basement, playing video games all night, watching streaming movies all day and having prepared food delivered to the front door...... When the "switch" is turned off, the food chain breaks and The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse appear I want to see the look on their face.

Attachments

• Bread and circus 1.jpg
    Bread and circus 1.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 39
Breaking news!

Whoopie... I can't wait until I have to pay Jeff to watch anything on the TV or computer.

They also welcome these laws that stop store owners for stopping shop lifters taking less than X amount of dollars. Yep force the brick and mortar to operate at a higher cost. Drive them out of business, now you can buy what we say, when we say.

Oh, the day is coming. I hope I don't see it, but there will be a time that there will be no stores in our communities. They will only have distribution centers where you item is delivered within 24 hours.

So don't run out of milk late at night or heavens forbid you run out of toilet paper while you're sitting on the throne.

Not when they're involved in crony capitalism/oligarchy
No, they still provide valuable services to people.

How much do you think poor people value the ability to find the lowest price on some things through amazon?

And how many millionaires are created through all their available programs?

One more time, I’m not totally absolving Jeff bezos of being shady, I’m only saying that he’s not the primary mover in this shit.
True, but what ultimately dictates those political decisions? Perhaps the undue corporate influence of people like Bezos and/or the entities they control?
See above

No, they still provide valuable services to people.

How much do you think poor people value the ability to find the lowest price on some things through amazon?

And how many millionaires are created through all their available programs?

Any services he might provide are nullified by the way he does it.

You can't be a libertarian and absolve crony capitalists and oligarchs. It's called cognitive dissonance.

I'd llike to know the things that his ex-wife is privy to. I bet she has some stories to tell.

Not me. I'm interested in current, real time events as well as near future schedules.

I bet he's not untouchable
I bet he wants to ban guns and surrounds himself by former FBI Agents and Seals who all have tons of guns and are paid $200K a year to be his security detail and also wipe his ass and change his tampons when he tells them to "Hop to it."

Just 'sayin.

Wonder how they sleep at night? Probably like babies. Communist Oath-forgetting babies.

SIrhr

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I bet he wants to ban guns and surrounds himself by former FBI Agents and Seals who all have tons of guns and are paid $200K a year to be his security detail and also wipe his ass and change his tampons when he tells them to "Hop to it."
I'm sure you're right, and that still would not help.

Not me. I'm interested in current, real time events as well as near future schedules.

As has been proven many times in the last year, past digressions will ruin you. I'm not to interested in his "to the moon or bust" endeavors.

Any services he might provide are nullified by the way he does it.

You can't be a libertarian and absolve crony capitalists and oligarchs. It's called cognitive dissonance.
I’ve never said I absolved him, dipshit. And there’s no cognitive dissonance here. I’m all for abolishing any and all gov enforced rules and regulations that destroy any competition Amazon would face. He certainly is guilty of being shady. But he’s not even half as shady as the politician vermin that are destroying any competition

I’ve never said I absolved him, dipshit. He certainly is guilty of being shady. But he’s not even half as shady as the politician vermin that are destroying any competition for amazon

He just a better PR department than politicians.

He just a better PR department than politicians.
Not even close. Corporate media and the university system are all gov boot lickers that shout the praises of more gov intervention and act as absolutely free advertising

No love for Jeff Bejezos, but there's plenty of other options to buy your shit besides Amazon. As far as I know, they have no "monopoly" on any products.

Reactions: 308pirate
It would be interesting to read any internal emails from wallyworld and amazon to political types re covid shutdowns, something tells me there was some $$ changing hands when no one was allowed to be open minis those two