• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Stick with 300WM or go 300prc / 30 Sherman Mag

pewpew300WM

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2019
West Central PA
Hey so I currently have a R700 in 300WM. Hoping to shoot the barrel out of it this year and possibly re chamber. I have no complaints about the WM just have considered going 300prc or possibly a 30 Sherman mag. I was leaning towards the 30 Sherman just because I could shoot factory 300prc ammo and fire form it for the Sherman. At the moment I have no way to reload but it’ll be coming hopefully next year sometime. I have my ffl so I’m able to snag ammo and stuff up at a reasonable price. However, I’ve also thought about just having the 700 action trued up and match chambered to see where it goes from there. I currently shoot 200grn eldx but recently acquired a decent amount of mk248 mod 0 so I’m going to give it a try. I’m not a big fan of the eldx ammo. I use the gun for whitetail and some long range target and steel shooting. Nothing crazy by any means though. I’ll add a photo of the current setup.
B14B338D-2F5C-4292-8B92-D4F760114E89.jpeg

Last edited:
id pick sherman if your action can handle CP mags and feeding. shoot factory 300PRC ammo then reload when capable. no downside