• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sticks and stones

doubletap66

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2012
central MI
may break your bones, but old primers will stop your rifle. I went to the range yesterday, shot some 223s, and then got out my 308. The bolt would not open. It would lift freely, move back about .015 to .02, then stop cold. Hmm, doesn't seem like a stuck case from the last time out, since I usually check the chamber before zipping up the drag bag. I got home and inserted a wood dowel, and it went to the bolt face. NOW WHAT? The only thing that could hold it is the trigger, though that seemed unlikely. I took the trigger out, and something was still in there. It was a small pistol primer that had found its way into the bag, and when I checked the chamber (in the bag), it locked into the action by the bolt release lever. Even in the bottom of the drag bag, I guess cleanliness is next to Godliness.