• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sticky fabric used on Game Changers....

Roslyn

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2013
Any ideas what this material is and where to find it? I want to sew some onto elbow pads to improve traction/grip when shooting kneeling and sitting positions.

It's a tight-woven canvas material. It's "sticky" because it is impregnated with wax. If your elbow is sliding off your knee in positional shooting, I'd focus on your technique and clothes, rather than trying to stack another material in the middle.

Thank you. I am using Crye field pants, which have a pretty hard rubber/plastic pad at the knee. My tricep doesn't slide much, but it does want more traction on that surface. The rubber elbow pad on a Creedmoor shooting jacket just locks onto that surface, but that jacket isn't workable for field tactical shooting. So looking for something I can simply sew onto regular elbow pads.

I obviously don't know anything about your training or experience, but I think you might be having a technique issue. There shouldn't be excessive pressure where your arm/elbow touch your knee. The contact and friction required for your "bone on bone" contact should only be enough to support and stabilize your firing position. I would expect someone build a stable kneeling or sitting position in a nylon track suit.

If you still want it sticky.

I bought a bar to rewax my Cole-Tac woobie bag and decided to also wax a Cole-Tac boss bag. Might take a blow drier or heat gun to help it into the fabric but just rubbing it in after applying did an excellent job.

Hadn't heard about Otter Wax, appreciate the link....

As to the technique issue.... No doubt I can always improve there, but the additional friction of a sticky pad of some kind is a help, pure and simple. The high power shooting jackets have that feature for a reason. The sticky GameChanger is sticky for a reason -- the reason being it helps stabilize the position. I am not interested in it as a crutch, but as an advantage.

Reactions: steve123
I'm mostly certain the Sticky GameChanger material isn't and Impregnated wax canvas, its definitely some other type of grippy material.

That said, OP, you could dilute some clear caulk with mineral spirits and paint it onto your clothes where needed. Would add some very grippy texture as well as some additional waterproofing.

Another good idea, thank you. The industry keeps this sticky fabric secret better than we protect our nuclear secrets as a country. Maybe we should have Armageddon Gear run the nuclear program.

Check out rubberized fabric from Rockywoods.