• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes stiener 8x30 military binos

mikieg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2008
sapulpa oklahoma
what has been your experience with these? and where is a good place to buy other than swfan and optics planet?

Re: stiener 8x30 military binos

ok, i bought these. they were highly recomended by an extreemly experienced sniper instructor from our school. and as always, he was right. they are light weight yet built like a tank! not quite compact but far from full sized. my wife has worked in the optical industry for a decade, she has done everything including grind lenses. she beat me home from work and got to play with the new goodies first. she called me to say how nice they are and how clear and bright they are. she could not believe they were only $217 shipping included! when i ordered these i was a bit worried about the little 30mm ogjective lenses. boy was i wrong! last evening they were still working well near dark! i was also worried about the lack of zoom/paralax adj for viewing at different distances. here is how they work, each occular is adjusted for each eye. after that, your done. look at targets at 50yards, perfect focus. look at targets 500 yards, perfect focus!
this is perfect for sniping as many times we are viewing many target indicators at any one time. here is another awesome feature she noticed, those little +/- lines on the occular lenses, they are accurate on the stieners! wife knows her glasses are -1 ground. she dialed -1 on these binoes and they were dead on! mine is +1 and guess what? dead on!! these binoes rock!!! if you are a field sniper that humps gear in a ruck, these babies are for you. i firmly believe that thses stieners are the best value for the $ next to the super sniper scopes of course. $217 on your door! ordered mine from ebay, there are other places to order but they seemed to be out of stock. hmmm, wonder why?

I have a set as well. I agree with you except the part about seeing at close to dark. I can probably see better/later with my naked eye. Good binocs for the money. Not very good at dusk and dawn. Just my two cents.

Eddie

I have a pr, bought them about 18 months ago from my local BX and I really like them. They haven't been abused (yet) as I just use them for getting a little better look around from where I work on the airfield. Once back home I'll add them to my kit and put them to use hunting.

so far a nice piece for the money.

Steiner 8x30 - had my first set for 15 years. They saw field & deployment use across a great variety of terrain & weather conditions & never let me down. I purchased a new set about 2 years ago & I must say that they have only improved. Fairly bomb proof & nothing to go wrong really, not overly big & heavy so if you have to carry your gear further than the car to the firing line they are great.

Keep in mind though that the reticule in them is a little coarse for anything other than calling in mortars, so for the average end user getting the reticule may be cool, but may not be all that useful. I believe that they have newer reticule options in the later styles of bino's they produce.

HTH

+1
It must be common for mil binos to have coarse stadia. The $69 Ruskie 8x30 binos I acquired here on the hide are similar: A house 750yds across the valley from me subtends two major divisions horiz. Looks to be about 5 mils per line or 10 mils per major division.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnAE308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1
It must be common for mil binos to have coarse stadia. The $69 Ruskie 8x30 binos I acquired here on the hide are similar: A house 750yds across the valley from me subtends two major divisions horiz. Looks to be about 5 mils per line or 10 mils per major division. </div></div>
Meant for spotting indirect fire from the big stuff, don't need a fine scale for that.

Whatacountry had use Steiners for 79.00 used and 169.00 like new. These were Isreali trade ins and mine still had a soldiers name on them. Donald

I had the 8x30 predators and their coatings are supposed to be a bit better than the mil/marine. Both work well. I have the 7x50 M22s and am really impressed with their resolution and contrast.