• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Still Pending

RAWHDE

“I have seen enough to know, I have seen too much”
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2012
Houston, TX
It was 10 months yesterday and I’m told my status is still pending. ?
Have others been experiencing the same? Is this normal now? Frustrated.

I've been seeing anywhere from 7 months to a year recently, depending on individual/trust/etc. Just had one guy approved at 330ish days for one of two, another a week later when they were mailed together.

Brother in law had his single shot trust from silencershop mailed in August 15th......last year. Still pending, not with an examiner yet.

I talked to my dealer the other day and hes seeing stamps from september/October of last year........so hopefully only a couple months to go for me lol

Appreciate the replies...I’ll continue to be patient.

OP. My wait started yesterday (for the 9th time). Ordered an M110 can. Looking at 4 to 5 weeks delivery (more like twice that with KAC) and then another 9 to 12 months for BATFE. You will make it man..

Reactions: Bigrederic
This is bad news for me considering my first can only took 6 1/2 months from the time they charged my card until i picked it up. That was with an ultra 7 almost 2 years ago.. now i have a saker 556k in jail and my card was charged the second week of jan this year.. i was hoping to have it by sept/oct but its sounding like it may be at least nov/dec.

An individual form 4 cleared last week, 11 months on the nose, 11m 10 days in hand.

I got an individual paper back last week @ 306 days from check cashed to stamp in hand. Another one is in the pipeline that was cashed Jan. 4, '19 that I'm hoping to see sometime in November.

Damn, I was feeling good about the 7 months I've put in until I read all this crap. Back to being grumpy!

12 1/2 months on my trust this time. 10 months a couple of years ago. Government shutdown earlier this year slowed things down considerably.

Mine just came back on almost 10 months on the nose. Sent Oct 11, FFL received Aug 10. Picked up today.

Individual F4

11 months pending and counting for my Mk11 Mod 0 suppressor (individual)

Have three other ‘individual’ submissions waiting that went pending after the Mk11. dont even want to think about how long it’s going to be for them:(

Wow call it a coincidence but I just got a call saying my can is ready for pickup! 15 months almost to the day.

Reactions: Dan M
reading all this has put me in a bad mood. it's only been 8 months for me and it's literally killing me. it's my first Can and i'm starting to lose sleep over it.

reading all this has put me in a bad mood. it's only been 8 months for me and it's literally killing me. it's my first Can and i'm starting to lose sleep over it.

Not to get your hopes up but my first 4 cans were all between 8 and 9 months... for whatever reason this last one just took much longer. Hopefully yours gets in soon!

Reactions: DukeGSP
I just called today checked the status of my form 4... received it Dec 18 and still pending of course.. guy i spoke with said avg times are 9 months on individual form 4’s and he said it “might be approved” by end of September. We will see.

Not to get your hopes up but my first 4 cans were all between 8 and 9 months... for whatever reason this last one just took much longer. Hopefully yours gets in soon!
How long ago were your first four? Has anyone had a 7-9 month wait lately? My local gun shop told me 7-9 but I haven't heard from anyone who's had a short wait recently. I'm sure they say that because if they tell you it's going to take a decade nobody would buy them

How long ago were your first four? Has anyone had a 7-9 month wait lately? My local gun shop told me 7-9 but I haven't heard from anyone who's had a short wait recently. I'm sure they say that because if they tell you it's going to take a decade nobody would buy them
Yes. My last two were approved on 7/23/2019, 9 months and one day exactly from the check cashed date.

i wish there was atleast some sort of online tracker they could offer. I think it would cut down on the phone calls they receive each day to just say "it's still pending sir" surely it wouldn't be hard to have some sort of search entry where you could enter your Serial number, last name and maybe your SSN and it'll give you a accurate status.

My first can was approved in a little over 6 months and that was only about 2 years ago.. when you factor sending the paperwork off and receiving the stamp at the dealer it was right at 7 months.

2-3 years ago so might not be super accurate.

With all the technology they have available in my opinion theres no excuse for the wait times to be what they are other than to discourage people from buying cans...... I mean why on gods green earth do they snail mail everything?

I called ATF and actually got a helpful polite person, was shocked. She told me my 10 month trust can could be released any day. Said she saw some released at 9 months and other at 12 months. And my paperwork was GTG.

PB

Reactions: Kayakfish1
11+ months pending on mine. Still hasn’t been assigned to an examiner. Person on the phone told me “should be soon”. What ever that means. When I submitted the paperwork, form 4 trust was going off at 7 months. Now I will be lucky to see it sighing 365 days.

Beginning of Dec. 2018 and the beginning of Jan. 2019 for me. Getting close!!!! I'm hoping the January one will be here for deer season, but I ain't getting my hopes up.