• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller 25X Rimfire actions at SHOT

Re: Stiller 25X Rimfire actions at SHOT

Gotta get me one of those!!

Very nice I am going to be ordering one of them and maybe a new predator V.

<span style="font-size: 26pt">HORRAY!!!</span>

About freakin time Jerry. Now, wheres my tac30 to keep me occupied till I can get one of these.
grin.gif

Damn! Anschutz - Stiller, Stiller - Anschutz.

you guys are freekin killin me, $3,000 for a duce duce??????? Plus another "G" to scope it????? I Got to get a extra job!!!

It is bad ass, reminds me of this:

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

What a pair it would make, 22LR....408 Cheytac, you'd only need 2 rifles to cover everything
laugh.gif

shotstiller00.jpg

I hope these will be offered in the group buy next year. I want a switch barrel 22LR/17HM2.

Wondering what mag would be used for repeater?

I think it'll be a long line.
The BR guys have been talking big on this as well.
I will be in the line - probably for one of each.

If this is a true 40x clone - I think the 40x has better ignition than the Hall.
I don't think the Hall can be had as a repeater.
When she comes out it wont take long for the BR shooters to find any
short comings if there is any.
Don't forget Turbo.

Buzzsaw, very nice rifle. What is the expiration date on your Hart rest calibration?
wink.gif

I owned a hall repeater so they can be had that way. The lock-time on a rifle shot in a tactical sense is less important than say one used in silhouette competition. If that were the case then everyone would shoot finnfires because they have the fastest locktime followed by remington and a distant third is anschutz.

This is Great, ah I mean terrible.....Just got all the parts for my Tac30 build bought and paid for.....
Now I will have to start from scratch again. I HAVE to have a repeater.
Nice work Stiller...

Dgr and Bat boy thanks for the compliments, some of Jerry's work. Chris Mathews of Longshot Rifles LLC. did the build.

Bat, that is the inspection sticker off my first Nightforce, I peeled it off and just put it there, it's a Sinclair rest, a direct knockoff of the Hall. I'm trying the Caldwell "Fire Control" rest now, it's okay.

$800 for the 40X Stiller????????????

I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Ignition and lock time are 2 different things.
I have Finns, Annies and a 40X.
The Finn is kind of out of it's league against the other 2.
These Stillers will be right up on top with the best I feel.

The finnfire and anschutz are not in the same league in any respect other than they are both rimfires. The finnfire is better

The only place a Finn is better is in the ability to change bbls.
Ejector springs break and the plastic mags kind of work.
I wont sell any of my Finns but Anschutz is a superior weapon.
And if you doctor up a Savage mag you can have mags for 10 bucks.
And they work better (1700 series) than factory.
I have 5 Annies and 3 Finns - All my Finns wear Lilja bbls (2-lr and 1-M2)
and the best they can do is even with the Anschutz - Except my M2 Finn/Lilja
will beat my 1702 by a little bit.

A Stiller with a Broughton/Lilja/Hart etc.. threaded on will and should wax them both.
I am curious as to what mag set-up he is going to use - I hope it is either Rem 511
or the Savage mags - Real mags made out of steel.

"New Custom 40X-Clone Rimfire Action
Stiller Precision’s show-stopper is a new 22 rimfire action based on 40X Remington design. Called the Predator 25X, this 40X-clone will be offered both as a single-shot AND a repeater. This is a much-awaited product. We predict huge demand for Stiller’s rimfire actions. There is nothing else like it on the market. The repeater will be perfect as the basis of a rimfire silhouette action or a “tactical rimfire” gun. Stiller’s rimfire actions cost $800.00 and should be available by mid-2009"

I hope they make a lefty!!!

I want to know what this is using for mags as well. I'd really like to get a good repeating .22 instead of the single shots.

I wonder if the bolt travel is long enough for a magnum version?

Different bolt stop possibly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huckleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if the bolt travel is long enough for a magnum version?

Different bolt stop possibly? </div></div>

I've been wondering the same thing. And how the magazines are set up. Would be great to have a switch barrel 22lr/22mag/5mm mag/17 m2/17 hmr.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"New Custom 40X-Clone Rimfire Action
Stiller Precision’s show-stopper is a new 22 rimfire action based on 40X Remington design.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I hope they make a lefty</span>!!! </div></div>

AMEN!!!!

Got an email back from Stiller, he said that they are still in "the works" and can't answer questions about mags right now.
I'll be waiting.

Has the Army M-261 Kit magazine adapter assembly been considered ( you know the one with the 10 rd. insert that goes inside any 20 rd AR magazine). They are available. As far as being reliable, I have yet to experience a malfunction in the dedicated .22 service rifle upper Frank White over at Compass Lake made for me last year. You would have 10 rd. capacity, plus it would give the the rimfire a detachable magazine very similar to what's being offered for the centerfires.

22magsjpg.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9secondsflat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh no, not another site i need to book mark and spend an hour or so every day on..... </div></div>

Only an hour What a traitor a good member would spend the majority of their day here LOL all other sites are inferior LOL J/K

When Jared at APA was putting together the Sako trainers,I mentioned this action too him. It was not available then. Maybe it's time for another build. Anyone working on stocks yet for the repeater?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When Jared at APA was putting together the Sako trainers,I mentioned this action too him. It was not available then. Maybe it's time for another build. Anyone working on stocks yet for the repeater?</div></div>

You know this thread is over a year old, I'm not sure the action is available now either.

Stiller has the Lone Star in production, which is a 25X with a PTG bolt. I am not sure if the 25X is in production yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When Jared at APA was putting together the Sako trainers,I mentioned this action too him. It was not available then. Maybe it's time for another build. Anyone working on stocks yet for the repeater?</div></div>

You know this thread is over a year old, I'm not sure the action is available now either. </div></div>

Holy necro-post, Batman!! The last post in this thread before jdberry's was OVER 2 YEARS AGO!!

didn't look at the dates, did a search on the action, heard they were finally ready.

I gave up on this one a long time ago.

With the toggle action 10/22 receiver on the horizon, i wont even bother with this

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the toggle action 10/22 receiver on the horizon, i wont even bother with this</div></div> And that is what I'm waiting on; hopefully not for long though.

Was all keen , and interested in this , until , I saw the photo & price , and I assume , by them , thats its a aluminium action ?

And if so , I am not interested .