• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller 40XB Knock off

TrapperJ

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2010
South FL
Has anyone purchased the Stiller .22lr repeater action? It is the Remington 40XB knock off. If so, What were the components of your build?

Re: Stiller 40XB Knock off

This is the email I received Russ yesterday,

The 25X is not available yet the earliest will be spring of next year. The initial design will have a 5 round mag bottom metal attached to the action itself. to facilitate the practice / 22 tactical match reuse of a centerfire stock. We are looking at a drop free system that will fit AI type bottom metal - date unknown at this point.

Regards,

Russ

There is a couple of the 25X out. From what i understand there waiting on some parts.

Here is a 40X clone from stiller. They call it Lonestar..

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a 40X clone from stiller. They call it Lonestar..

IMG_3165.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrapperJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone purchased the Stiller .22lr <span style="color: #FF0000">repeater</span> action? It is the Remington 40XB knock off. If so, What were the components of your build? </div></div>

I think the OP was looking for a repeater....

Yes I know. i just thought I would show that they at least made the first run of the 40X the repeaters will follow.

We are going to do the repeater when we get a minute. Lots of things happening here to take my time. We are most likely moving to a new building early next year too. I hope to get on them before that.

Hi Jerry
Is the lonestar shipping now, or better yet, is there any in stock.

CMP has these listed on there web site,
R22M40XHBBR and R22M40XUSMCBR are these the same profile and inletting as rem 700, these are single shot actions.

These are action and barrel only, no trigger group and bolt.
PTG has bolts and I just started to look up avalable trigger groups.

Is there spell check in the posting box and I'm just missing it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pjsalpine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CMP has these listed on there web site,
R22M40XHBBR and R22M40XUSMCBR are these the same profile and inletting as rem 700, these are single shot actions.

Is there spell check in the posting box and I'm just missing it. </div></div>

My understanding was that the USMC marked receivers are not 700 pattern?

Thanks for the help... Tracking down the pedigree of these is a challenge.
Peter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pjsalpine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CMP has these listed on there web site,

Is there spell check in the posting box and I'm just missing it. </div></div>

My understanding was that the USMC marked receivers are not 700 pattern? </div></div>

Remington40-Xrimfire009.jpg

Remington40-Xrimfire008.jpg

That is correct, they are 722 based recievers. The tang is thicker and doesn't set very well in a stock inletted for a 700. Also the safety lever is alongside and below the top edge of tang whereas on the 700/40-XB/XR based recievers there is a relief cut on right side for safety to set alongside and above the tang. I put a standard barrel 40-X into a 700 stock and while it works the tang area makes it look like an afterthought despite my cutting a relief for 700 style/40-XB trigger.

Sorry I don't have any closeup of tang area but you can see in the top pic where right behind the bolt handle there is metal sticking up above woodline.

40xb's look like they set low in the AICS stock, I say look like as I have onle seen photo's, If it (40x-USMC) rides high it might be a good inlet. Has any one put one of the 40x-USMC actions in a AICS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here is one in AX.

IMG_3235.jpg
</div></div>

Wow, you just set the bar eve higher. Did that just drop right in ? I'm curious what barrel profile is that ?

hahahahahha,..u put a rimfire into an AX chasis and it wasnt even a CZ?

Damn funny shit!

Wow, pure genuis or the most over the top 22lr trainer in the world.... or both. :; Well Done.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die