• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller Action in a AICS stock

mildot326

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2004
I'm trying to find out what to order to fit.
I know that its the TAC 30, but does it matter if its a BDL or DBM?
I don't see that specified at the Stiller site?

Cheers Darrin

Re: Stiller Action in a AICS stock

Tac 30 will sit in an AICS for Rem 700 Short Action. Tac 300 will sit in AICS for Rem 700 Long Action.

So do I need to worry about what Stiller action to order?
I called my Stiller dealer, and I told him what I had researched the TAC 30, and he says that I need a DBM model?
I'm totally confused?

im not sure the difference in the actions but it makes sense that if they do offer a separate DBM action you would want that for a DBM chasis

This is off the featurs list on thier website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Stainless Tactical Actions (TAC series)

Drop in replacement for popular Remington 700 series actions. Fits same stocks, triggers and has same nominal headspacing.

Available in short, long and 338 Lapua length. TAC30 actions have 223 and 308 and magnum boltfaces, TAC300 actions have 308 or magnum boltfaces. The TAC338 is specifically designed for the 338 Lapua Magnum or 378 Weatherby based cartridges.

All action bodies use 416R stainless steel hardened to 41 Rockwell C.

Bolt hole is gun-drilled and then wire edm'ed with the rails to ensure exact tolerances and size control. Bolt fit to body is typically .0040 to .0060.

Rails incorporate anti-bind rail for smooth operation when sliding bolt across port cutouts.

Bolt is factory lapped and either coated with Black Iron Nitride QPQ to reduce visibility. Bolts are spiral fluted.

Repeaters have standard magazine cutout for use with Remington parts or we offer a bedding system that uses proven Accuracy International magazines.

Picatinney rails are available from SPF. Standard front Remington bases fit both front and rear mounts.

Standard finish is bead blasted matte with a black oxide coating.

Bolt stop is on side above the stock line.

Full round back and smaller port allow for a much stiffer action.

Uses industry standard Remington style firing pin.

The TAC30 and TAC300 actions use 1.0625-16 tpi, 0.700 inch headspace.

TAC338 actions use 1.125-16 tpi, 1.000 inch headspace.

NOW Available in right bolt right port AND left bolt left port.

All CNC machined.
</div></div>

The predator series is avail in SS or repeater format,

he may be refering to a badger DBM, CDI, or some sort with this,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Repeaters have standard magazine cutout for use with Remington parts or we offer a bedding system that uses proven Accuracy International magazines</div></div>

You don't have to have a DBM model. I just finished putting a BDL model in a aics stock. That is with the standard AI mags. If you use the AW mags, You will have to have a DBM model without the feed rails. You may have to inlett under the bolt handle just a little for clearance. I did.

Any difference with the small bolt face, as this is going to be a .223, using the new AI mags. So I just order the Stiller in a BDL configuration? or is that the only way they come? Thanks

I actually think that is the only way that they come. The 223 bolt face makes no difference. It will work fine. They only way that you would need a different combination is if you were trying to convert to the AW mags. You would have to remove the feed rails in the action.

Thanks Bud, now to sort out the dealer