• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing STILLER ACTION

cotntop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2011
tarheel,nc
I have a Stiller TAC 30 that hits my trigger finger when I shoot due the swept back handle. Changed to small bolt knob and have same problem. Does anyone know a machinist that can alter this handle or should I try another style action. Stiller does not have a remedy. THANKS

Re: STILLER ACTION

I had the same problem on my predator v. I milled down the underside of the knob and made it flat then used aluma-black to refinish

I have the same problem. And so do some others I talked to.I thought I was getting a straight handled action when I placed the order. I tried different bolt knobs with no luck. I am going to see if I can have someone cut off the bolt handle right before the bend and add a 1.5 inch shaft then a bolt knob. This will resolve my problem. If I cant find anyone to do the work. I will sell it for a loss and buy another action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cotntop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Stiller TAC 30 that hits my trigger finger when I shoot due the swept back handle. Changed to small bolt knob and have same problem. Does anyone know a machinist that can alter this handle or should I try another style action. Stiller does not have a remedy. THANKS </div></div>

I can't say I've had this problem. These actions are a 700 clone with an over-sized bolt knob. What stocks are they sitting in? I would this the stock may have something to do with it

T

I have never had that problem or heard of anyone with it. What stock are you running it on. Like TAC said its a clone of a Remington.

The body of the Stiller action has a Remington 700 foot print.

The bolt throw in a 700 in 50 degrees and on the Stiller its 60 degrees.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The body of the Stiller action has a Remington 700 foot print.

The bolt throw in a 700 in 50 degrees and on the Stiller its 60 degrees. </div></div>

Huh???? The bolt on a 700 or clone must rotate 90* to lock/unlock! So how can the handle/knob rotate only 50 or 60 degrees to accomplish that?? ...or am I missing something?? An A Bolt Browning is 60* as are others with 3 lugs but.......?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The body of the Stiller action has a Remington 700 foot print.

The bolt throw in a 700 in 50 degrees and on the Stiller its 60 degrees. </div></div>

Huh???? The bolt on a 700 or clone must rotate 90* to lock/unlock! So how can the handle/knob rotate only 50 or 60 degrees to accomplish that?? ...or am I missing something?? An A Bolt Browning is 60* as are others with 3 lugs but.......? </div></div>

going out on a limb here but i think he is referring to the angle that the handle is swept back
wink.gif

Same problem here. I sent the bolt back to Stiller, and for $50, he installed a straight bolt handle. Problem solved.

I noticed the same thing on my brand new Tac338. In a Mac A-5 stock. Only been able to shoot it twice, so I thought maybe it was by big hands.

Stiller sent me a smaller knob. I also took shrink tube and made shield for trigger finger, works ok.