• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller SA recievers

cherokeefan03

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2017
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a new match gun set up since I sold my RPR, and since I'm already planning on having a MK13 mod 7 clone built off of their action, I thought I would consider Stiller for my match gun as well.

This would be my first custom action(well second but I would be buying the MK13 action at the same time). Does anyone here run them in matches? Are there any drawbacks compared to other actions on the market? I know for a while that Defiance was the top dog in many people eyes according to the what the pros use articles. I've also heard that some custom actions can have such tight tolerances they can bind in dusty weather, is this a problem for the Stillers?

I was looking Specifically at the Tac 30 and the P1000 competition for a 6.5 Creedmore gun, but the Wraith looks interesting as well.
Appreciate any experience you all have.

Thanks.

I’ve had two Stillers. Still have one of them. The first was a Predator, the one I still have is the Shilen DGR (Made for Shilen by Stiller). No complaints with either of them. They seem precisely made and are smooth and slick.

John

they're not shiny or new.

don't have the features of the new customs. bighorn terminus arc impact lone peak, at the same or higher pricepoint

Reactions: kthomas
I ran a Stiller Tac 30 for years in 6.5 Creedmoor and it was great. Back then wasn't a ton of options. Today I'd taken a Bighorn Origin over the TAC30 all day long. Essentially same action feature, coating and footprint wise but you get interchangeable bolt heads and shouldered prefits...

Last edited:
I have a Bighorn Origin too, and if forced to choose, would probably go with the Origin. But, like the Origin, the DGR has a floating bolt head and can be set up for prefits too. Both are very nice actions.

John

Reactions: vigildom7
I have a Bighorn Origin too, and if forced to choose, would probably go with the Origin. But, like the Origin, the DGR has a floating bolt head and can be set up for prefits too. Both are very nice actions.

John
padom means shouldered prefits action unseen. not barrel but prefits from shilen/criterion etc

Reactions: padom
padom means shouldered prefits action unseen. not barrel but prefits from shilen/criterion etc

What he said. Trying to post at the range is bad idea. lol.. But you can also run those nut prefits if you want too. Lots of options with the Origin. I picked one up a while back when they first came out and its my sons 223 now. Its very nice, not a single complaint.

I ran a Stiller Tac 30 for years in 6.5 Creedmoor and it was great. Back then wasn't a ton of options. Today I'd taken a Bighorn Origin over the TAC30 all day long. Essentially same action feature, coating and footprint wise but you get interchangeable bolt heads and shouldered prefits...
Thanks for the info, I'll look up the Bighorn. Have you seen anything on Stiller's Wraith action though? Seems like a more modern action than the TAC series, integral rail and lug, etc.

I see the appeal of the pre-fit barrels, but are interchangeable bolt heads a big thing now? Arent most competition cartridges in the 6-6.5mm range based off the 308? or is it more if you want to convert into a .223 trainer or something? I've been out of the PRS game since like 2017 so I'm still trying to get up to speed on all the new developments.

Bighorn or ARC with interchangeable boltheads

6mm comp
223 trainer
6.5PRC hunting or longer range target

1 action

Reactions: padom
Interchangeable bolt heads mean nothing to me. When I want/need to shoot something else then i shoot something else.

Shouldered prefits are a big deal to me. I wouldn’t purchase anything today that won’t accept them

i am not a competitor but if I were my Views wouldn’t differ.

Reactions: Caseylee
I have built 5 rifles with Stiller actions: 3 Predators, 1 Tac 30 Aw and a Spectre. I use them for hunting and for matches. Never had any issues with any of them.